The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1364 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2876 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 618 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESIDENCY OF STUDENTS NEEDS TO BE CHECKED
Last year I had a student that came in from Lake Villa! Not sure if she was in Waukegan and then moved or was in Lake Villa from the start!

There were times at the hs where kids who weren't registered there went there just for fights! What a joke!
so when you see these issues what do you do. Besides posting here.
several notes and emails have been sent to the administration on different occasions about suspicious residency. They have done nothing. Remember we have 21 year old kids with two credits walking the halls. We have kids who dont even go to the school who walk in and start fights with students in the halls. I know its the teachers fault. Im just saying the residency thing would be great to address.
ooooooh notes and emails. Almost as powerful as anonymous rants on messageboards.

Seriosly I am sick and tired of hearing that teachers need tenure to protect them when they won't address these sorts of problems that they witness FIRST HAND. I guess it doesnt matter because for most of you it's not YOUR tax dollars and YOUR community...
Next time I will send a smoke signal to the Lincoln Center (practically none live in Waukegan), so hopefully they see it in Gurnee. Why dont you teach and help all of us out with your wisdom?
oh brother, you must think teachers have this grand power to change things that they have no authority or say so of.

I think that it is more of the waukegan taxpayers job to make sure their elected school board is doing what they have to do to insure the proper spending of taxpayers money. So makings kids leave the district school when they leave out of the district is the responsibility of the management (administration).

I teach, not police residency requirements.
I live in Waukegan and pay property taxes!

You must think teachers in Waukegan are all about money and doing nothing? What does tenure have to do with this issue. Tenure isn't the problem here...... You are diluted in your thinking and let me guess, besides teaching, staying after school tutoring, afterschool clubs, lesson planning you want me to police which students are actually living in the district. You should forfeit your rights to even type in this blog with such ideas and silly tangents you connect to form a thought!
"deluded" not "diluted"

if you are seeing wrongdoing is it not your duty to try to stop it. As a teacher and a taxpayer.

Don't give me the song and dance about unpaid overtime. I often work 60 hour weeks at my job with no extra pay. And I don't get the summer off.
OhBother, I have watched you anti-teacher posts and rants and wonder why you have such venom for teachers. I worked in Waukegan for the past four years in various positions, this past year in one of my classes a student posed a question because our textbooks were in such horrible shape. "Why does our school suck so bad?" I asked them if they really wanted to know, they said yes and then I asked them a question. "How many of you know someone who attends Waukegan High School but does not live in Waukegan?" There were several sheepish smiles and about a dozen hands went up. A dozen hands in a class of eighteen. Then I asked, "How many of you know someone whose parents are not paying any taxes on their income because they work off the books or because they are not legal citizens?" More sheepish smiles and more hands went up. And my final question was, "How many of you know someone whose parents signed a fee waiver but could afford to pay the school fees?" Still more hands rise. Residency is a huge problem in Waukegan, as is bilking the system of school fees and the city of taxes. OhBother (yes, it's intentional), you may not like teachers. You may work 60 hours a week, but during the school year 60 hours is a short day. You may be envious of the "summers off", which is not true incidentally. Most teachers I know work on refining lesson plans, creating new lessons, go over the new changes to grading, and gather more materials to make existing lessons more accessible to students from all walks of life. I am the child of two teachers who worked in Waukegan since 1968. My father and mother could have easily gone to any other district and made more money. My father worked well past the age of retirement, and why? "If I leave who will watch out for the kids?" An exact quote from my father. We are not stuck with the teachers who choose to stay here, they should be lauded for putting up with the conditions with which they are forced to work. My mother everyday of her teaching life began her day at 6:30am and ended it somewhere between 1:00 and 2:00am. She taught, came home cooked dinner for our family and then around 7pm began grading work and did not get up until she was done. My father kept a similar schedule, though he did receive a stipend for his involvement in student council. He scored at basketball games, he coached softball, he never missed a home football game. He loved Waukegan and Waukegan High School. He was part of the SLC coming to the high school, though it has changed DRASTICALLY since he was involved. He was trying to make the changes that you have said aren't be made. Explain to me how notifying responsible authorities (i.e. department heads, administrators and LC) is not enough? What more can a teacher do? I sincerely hope you reconsider your wanton disregard of how diligent and hard teachers in general and especially teachers in Waukegan work. My parents were not in a minority at the time they were working in Waukegan. Teachers work hard. It is a thankless job. Parents blame them if their children fail. Administrators blame them if they hold the students to too high of standards. People post here and say horrible things about them without stopping to THANK them for what they put up with on a daily basis. The next time venom begins to well up against teachers remember a teacher who made a difference in YOUR life, then find a teacher ANY teacher and THANK them for the job they are doing against amazing odds. Also, if the question comes up, "Why is your father not working with the schools anymore?" He passed away March 19th, 2007. He was known as Mr. Bulldog.

Jason Clark
excellent posting TheaterGuy!

oh brother... I meant diluted, which means weak, not deluded which means deceived ...

I was correct...
\
Well said Theatre Guy