Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Blago in custody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
CNN is covering this as breaking news... the stories are just coming out, but it appears (among other things) that he was allegedly selling Obama's vacant senate seat?
I just told WTHS74 that KARMA was coming for all of those political crooks. Wink
A couple of thoughts on this.

- First, I love it. I knew Blogao was filthy dirty. I can't wait until they he is put behind bars.

- Now the chance of Gov Ryan getting out probably went down. No way Bush would want to pardon him now.

- Wish this would have happened a couple of months ago, then the Messiah wouldn't have taken a hit for this. I know Obama is probably dirty
since he was weened on politics from that cesspool of democratic politics in Illinois. You don't think all of that filth didn't rub off on him? I am sure it
did but he lucked out. Looks like he might skate - UNLESS - Blago starts singing like a bird - it's possible to save his and his wife's skin he might starting
singing like a bird about all kinds of people, maybe even the messiah could be hit with scrapnel. That would be great.

- Now it looks like Peter Fitzgerald might stay in his position. I thought Obama would fire him as a favor to all of his criminal buddies in corrupt democratic
politics but now it would not look good if Obama did that. Looks like Fitzgerald will probably stay, He is great, he is like Eliot Ness, He has his sites on
Mayor Daley and the other filthy politicians in this state. I say let him stay and keep making those indictments.

-
:cry: You are going to have a stroke worrying about all of this. Don't blame a "Party", its the person. Did you try and get a job and President-Elect Obama wouldn't hire you? :lol: If someone calls you a "Motherf------", I don't think you'd be friends.
Jesse Jackson Jr. is talking about how shocked and appalled he is by all this. And, of course how innocent he is.
Queen- Obama was weaned on this town's style of politics- you can't deny that! They're all corrupt as hell.
Blackdiamond Wrote::cry: You are going to have a stroke worrying about all of this. Don't blame a "Party", its the person. Did you try and get a job and President-Elect Obama wouldn't hire you? :lol: If someone calls you a "Motherf------", I don't think you'd be friends.

Naw - no stroke. Enjoying this, best Christmas present in a long time. Finally the corruption that has been rampant in this state might, just might be coming to an end.

Party not the person? Let see, who is running this state? What party is the govenor? What party does the most corrupt major in decades belong to? What party does that corrupt state senator Link belong to? What party does that idiot corrupt Emil Jones belong to? What about Madigan? I could go on and on. All of the players in this corruption situation are democrats.

I will admit you won't find that many corrupt republicans - that is because there hardly isn't any left in this state! Smile

We could have had Judy Barr Topinka, but noooooooooooooo - all of the media wanted Blago for another term, and they KNEW he was dirty but because he was a dem the media wanted him, well they got him. Wasn't his slogan against Topinka "what was she thinking?" Well, one question for Blago, "What was HE thinking?"

I'm telling you Barak is in this too, I know he wasn't friends with Blago but that doesn't mean anything, enemies of each other in politics still work together. Barack got his political roots in the cesspool of Illinois democratic politics. He is as dirty as hell and I sure hope it gets out.
"Party not the person? Let see, who is running this state? What party is the govenor? What party does the most corrupt major in decades belong to? What party does that corrupt state senator Link belong to? What party does that idiot corrupt Emil Jones belong to? What about Madigan? I could go on and on. All of the players in this corruption situation are democrats."

To call those individuals corrupt is a pretty strong accusation. What proof do you have that those individuals are corrupt? It sounds more like hatred for the Democrats than anything else. You even accuse the President-elect of being involved! I see you made no mention of Governor Ryan. In spite of being a convicted felon, I guess he gets a pass in your book because he is a Republican. The list of convicted politicians across this nation is comprised of Democrats and Republicans.
Whether it be ignorance or hatred, a little bit of responsibility in your postings would be appreciated.
Democrat or Republican, there is enough to go around:
Rep Gov 53-61 William Stratton Acquitted of charges of tax evasion
Dem Gov 61-68 Otto Kerner Convicted and sentenced to 3 years in federal prison
Dem Gov 73-77 Dan Walker Convicted (after leaving office) and sentenced to 7 years in federal prison
Rep Gov 99-03 George Ryan Convicted (after leaving office) and sentenced to 6 years in federal prison
Dem Gov 03- ? Rod Blagojevich

We also have Harold Washington, Carol Mosley Braun, Bobby Rush, Dan Rostenkowski, etc, etc, etc

I believe that corruption has been here since the old days of the mafia and will never go away. I can't believe anyone outside Illinois would vote for someone from this state running for any office. I would think that the simple fact of being an Illinois resident would taint you form an outsiders perspective. Heck I would be surprised if Jesus himself could get elected from Illinois now.
Excuse me! What crime was Harold Washington accused of? I misssed that. (WTHS74-I chuckled at the comment, "no Republicans around" :lol:
From Wikipedia:
Legal issues
In addition to Daley's strongarmed tactics, Washington's time in the Illinois House was also marred by problems with tax returns and allegations of not performing services owed to his clients. In her biography, Levinsohn questions whether the timing of Washington's legal troubles was politically motivated. In November 1966, Washington was re-elected to the house over Daley's strong objections; by January 1967, the second complaint in a string of six complaints against Washington had been filed. (The first had been filed earlier, in 1964.)[25]
A letter asking Washington to explain the matter was sent on January 5, 1967. After failing to respond to numerous summons and subpoenas, the commission recommend a five-year suspension on March 18, 1968. A formal response to the charges did not occur until July 10, 1969. In his reply, Washington said that "sometimes personal problems are enlarged out of proportion to the entire life picture at the time and the more important things are abandoned." In 1970, the Board of Managers of the Chicago Bar Association ruled that Washington's license be suspended for only one year, not the five recommended; the total amount in question between all six clients was $205.[26]
In 1971, Washington was charged with failure to file tax returns for four years, although the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) claimed to have evidence for nineteen years. (Top campaign aides would later say that nineteen was closer to the truth). Judge Sam Perry noted that he was "disturbed that this case ever made it to my courtroom"—while Washington had paid his taxes, he ended up owing the government a total of $508 as a result of not filing his taxes. Typically, the IRS handled such cases in civil court, or within its bureaucracy. Washington pleaded "no contest" and was sentenced to forty days in Cook County Jail, a $1,000 fine, and three years probation. (By comparison, a prominent, well-connected Chicago attorney was charged with not filing from 1973–1975; he was neither prosecuted, nor charged a penalty.)[27][28]
Pages: 1 2 3