Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Blago in custody!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
guest300 Wrote:"Party not the person? Let see, who is running this state? What party is the govenor? What party does the most corrupt major in decades belong to? What party does that corrupt state senator Link belong to? What party does that idiot corrupt Emil Jones belong to? What about Madigan? I could go on and on. All of the players in this corruption situation are democrats."

To call those individuals corrupt is a pretty strong accusation. What proof do you have that those individuals are corrupt? It sounds more like hatred for the Democrats than anything else. You even accuse the President-elect of being involved! I see you made no mention of Governor Ryan. In spite of being a convicted felon, I guess he gets a pass in your book because he is a Republican. The list of convicted politicians across this nation is comprised of Democrats and Republicans.
Whether it be ignorance or hatred, a little bit of responsibility in your postings would be appreciated.

I am not giving Ryan a pass, he was corrupt. There are honest politicians and dirty politicians in each party. It's just it is very top heavy with dirty dems simply because of the fact that republicans are an endangered species in Illinois.

Are you suggesting that Link isn't corrupt? Are you serious? What about that petition scandal? You believe him when you say that he didn't know what was going on? What about Daley? Are you seriously suggesting that he isn't corrupt? Madigan? You don't think his hands are dirty? Jones? I think he is as stupid as he is corrupt. Putting his kid on the ballot after he decides to retire and bequeath his seat to his son? That isn't dirty?

And Obama. Are any of you really thinking that he is mr 'clean hands' in this whole Blago saga? Did you see him in his press conference on Thursday? Him saying that he never talked to the govenor about the senate seat? Also he said nobody on his staff did either and he will be checking and will let us know in the days ahead if any of his staff did talk to the govenor. 1st off on Nov 5th Blago said in a new release that he is going to give considerable thought in filling Obama's seat. He said he will talk to the president elect to get his input and as well he will consider himself who to choose. So that conversation never happened? Where was Rahm Emanual during the press conference on Thursday? He is always at those things. Are people suggesting that Rahm didn't talk to Blago about the seat? That's crazy. That's a big thing and you better believe both Obama and Emanual talked to Blago. It is crazy that they didn't. For Barack to say he never talked to Blago about the empty seat is just a lie. Blago is ths 3rd rail of politics now and nobody want's to even be close to him. If Barack was honest and he is such a reformer then he should tell the truth and say "yes, I talked to him about it" He doesn't have to say there was any hanky panky talk going on he could have just said he talked to Blago about whom he might choose. It looks like he tried to shake down that Valerie Jarrett for the seat but she turned him down and accepted a position in the White House. Don't you think she would have said something to Obama if she thought Blago wasn't being square with her? Something smells about this who thing, I think Rahm is involved and I think Obama was involved as well. Maybe it was suggested to Obama that the seat was for sale but he wanted nothing to do with it. I could believe that. The problem was though was that Obama didn't blow the whistle and that in itself is a crime.

My hatred for Dems? Sure most of them disgust me. I don't hate them though, hate is a strong word. It also isn't good to hate anyone as hatred eats up the insides of the hater and does them more harm then those they hate. No, I don't hate anyone really.
Anyone else see this? Big Grin Confusedhock: No video on site for the opening yet, but here's the hair jab video.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/really-gov-blagojevich/881482/">http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/ ... ch/881482/</a><!-- m -->

Gov, wife fodder for 'Saturday Night Live'

December 14, 2008

Rod Blagojevich found himself the lead parody on ''Saturday Night Live'' -- with a profanity-laced skit portraying him before the U.S. Senate trying to extort a personal "bailout."

The Blagojevich character offered to appoint a candidate approved by the Legislature if the U.S. Senate gave him a lump sum and paid off his credit cards.

When the Senate committee actors balked, he threatened to appoint himself. He later became angry at the "paltry" salary of senators, offering to accept instead an ambassadorship to Turkey as long as it was a "no-show" position; and offering for sale the wedding ring of Abraham Lincoln.

Patti Blagojevich wasn't spared, her character storming in with expletives to demand her husband get her a seat on NASA's board. "You promised!" she blared.

[Image: snl_blago.jpg]

'Saturday Night Live' takes aim at Blagojevich

Snl_blago Late night comics have been taking aim at Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich all week (just a few of the zingers are here), so it was no surprise that over the weekend, “Saturday Night Live” opened with a skit about the embattled politician.

As you might expect, the first word out of the mouth of the governor, who was played by Jason Sudeikis, was a profanity (one that was bleeped out by censors). Many profanities followed, and the rest of the skit, which had Blagojevich being grilled by Congress and defending a “bailout plan” meant to enrich him, was mostly predictable. The opener was mildly amusing but not nearly on a par with the show's slam-dunk skits focusing on another governor, Sarah Palin.

Part of the problem was that, as played by Sudeikis, Blagojevich’s accent sounded more Long Island than Midwestern. As he attempted to shake down Congress for money, an ambassadorship, a NASA job for his wife (who was played by Kristen Wiig) or a new leather jacket, the Blagojevich in the skit sounded like a third-string Mafia guy on “The Sopranos.”

Much more successful were the jibes taken at Blagojevich during the “Weekend Update” segment. As Seth Meyers noted during that segment, even other Illinois politicians thought Blagojevich should step down.

“When Illinois politicians think you’re too corrupt, you’re too corrupt,” Meyers said. “That’s like Amy Winehouse telling you to go to rehab.”

The “Weekend Update” duo of Meyers and Amy Poehler couldn’t resist several pointed jokes about the governor’s hair, which were among the highlights of an otherwise rather weak episode, which was hosted by Hugh Laurie.

“It looks like you’re wearing a toupee that’s wearing a toupee,” commented Poehler, who later added, “The first time I saw you, I thought you were walking away.”

“Is that really your hair or did you grow out your eyebrows and comb them up?” Meyers wondered.
I thought you were talking about Mayor Harold Washington.
Blackdiamond, if you are referring to my comments then you are correct, Mayor Harold Washington.
Harold Washington:
51st mayor of chicago 83-87
US House of Rep 81-83
Illinois Senate 77-80
Illinois House of Rep 65-76
NorthsideKaren Wrote:Jesse Jackson Jr. is talking about how shocked and appalled he is by all this. And, of course how innocent he is.
Queen- Obama was weaned on this town's style of politics- you can't deny that! They're all corrupt as hell.

Jesse Jackson, Jr. has actually been a federal informant for several years, going back to when Blago refused to appoint Mr. Jackson's spouse to a position because he (Mr. Jackson) wouldn't play Blago's game.
guest300 Wrote:
NorthsideKaren Wrote:Jesse Jackson Jr. is talking about how shocked and appalled he is by all this. And, of course how innocent he is.
Queen- Obama was weaned on this town's style of politics- you can't deny that! They're all corrupt as hell.

Jesse Jackson, Jr. has actually been a federal informant for several years, going back to when Blago refused to appoint Mr. Jackson's spouse to a position because he (Mr. Jackson) wouldn't play Blago's game.

Jr. could have come out of this smelling like a rose, if he would have made that public. Now some backers of his, unbeknownst to him, pledge 1.5 million for a seat? ( Can't remember the amount). This smells of rancid machine politics.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. IMHO he should have shouted from the rooftops of this pay to play accusation. Perhaps we would not find ourselves in our present situation, had he done so? Again, what do I know?Going to go pick on Lucy for a while....
Typical Chicago politics. According to Jesse Jr., the Feds asked him not to speak out after the arrest of Blago was made. If you are asking why he didn't speak out much earlier, that would have torpedoed Fitzgerald's complete investigation.
If I was an author, I think I could make a living on writing books on Chicago politics. When you think about it, it seems like it has been 'business as usual' in the Windy City for the past century.
:roll: I don't care what they do, just don't mess with my SS check. You've said all of that to say what? Lets be honest--some of you cannot fathom the idea that a Minority will be the President-stop beating around the bush. THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKE. Someone is going to complain about the number of times he goes to the bathroom. If President Elect Obama had some skeletons in his closet, you can be SURE it would have came out during the campaign. Hey, WTHS, see you at the Inaugaration. :lol: (you are my brother, and love you).
BD- I don't care what color they are, what party they are- Illinois has so much corruption is appalling. One of the worst IMHO is good old Richie Daley. One thing that really bothers me about Obama is who he has chosen as his Chief Of Staff.
Rahm Emmanuel is in this muck up to his eyeballs.
Really makes our state look great- think we'll still get the Olympics? And wasn't it Link who blackballed the idea of recalling Blago?? :oops:
NSK-I definitely wasn't referring to you. We, in Waukegan, have had our share of crooks. Money IS the root of all evil.
Pages: 1 2 3