The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1364 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2876 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 618 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 731 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 731 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenging the School Board
I am here to propose a challenge to the School Board. As an employee of the district at the Brookside Campus I am appauled by the disorganization and the "pass the buck" attitude that has been deployed by the administration up the food chain to the super. I am no way pointing the finger at one paticular person(s) because this goes way deeper than blaming one person. Sure we could say it's this person(s) fault for the way this school operates but in order to run a school it takes a collective effort from everyone from the School Board, the Super, Principal, Asst. Principal's, House Principal's, Teachers, Safety Staff, as well as Paraprofessional's. I am writing this on behalf of the 90% of good students that attend this school. They are the one's that are suffering the most due to the fact they have to deal with the 10% of students who just don't give a S**t. I am talking about the gangbangers, the dope smoker's, the constant truants, the constant hallwalkers, the disrespectful kids who think they can talk to staff as if they were in the hood. I'm sorry but these are the kids that need to go and until something is done and the school board takes a hard stance on students like this, the school will never reach it's full potential. The problem is the School Board is so concerned with numbers(suspensions,expulsions) that it is a reflection on themselves. We all know how politics work. If there's high suspensions and expulsions it looks bad in the public eye and who would want to send their children to a school like this. Not to mention funding (money) the district would lose. The problem is the school staff spends so much of their time dealing with this 10% that they are taken away from encouraging and recognizing the 90%. Let's face it we can not save all our children and unfortunately no matter how hard we try there are some that will fall through the cracks of society. We are not talking about young kids here. We are talking about young adults who know the difference from right and wrong and if they cannot adhere to the rules of the school then they should be removed. Put it back on the shoulders of the parents who many now a days expect the school to raise their children for them. Let them deal with their out of control kid and deal with alternative placement and babysitting. To the School Board come visit the school unannounced, be an outside observer in the hallways and you will see for yourself. Also you need to revamp your discipline handbook and let the parents and kids know that Waukegan School Dist. ain't playin anymore!!! The handbook is too soft for kids of this age. For instance you fight in school your out indefinately. You get caught with drugs your out indefinately. You bring a weapon in school your out indefinately. Doing this will teach the kids responsibility, and being resposible for their actions along with putting the burden on the parents which this district has gotten away from. Have a mandatory orientation at the beginning of each year where students and parent must attend to review the handbook. If they don't attend they don't get in school. In doing this the parent,child and school will all be on the same page. No suprises and no excuses. I know it's easier said then done but think about the outcome. A school where the good kids can come and get an education and not have to worry about the 10%ers.
Amen Scooby, I once had a child in this school district and I had the occasion to pick him up early for a doctor appointment. I don't have to tell you what I saw. There were lot's of kids milling about in the halls, security staff, with radios, doing nothing, and the people in the office couldn't seem to locate my son's class, as I had to visit three different classrooms until I finally located him. To add insult to injury, we, the dean and I, even made a trip to the lunchroom to find him and it was just a hair short of mayhem in there. I was angry and disillusioned by this experience. I would be remiss if I didn't mention the fact that 73% failed the state high school exam in 2007( the last statistic I saw). Waukegan has been on a steady decline for years because of the familiar names that have been entrusted to manage our local institutions. When a community's majority population is on the dole, and multi-culturalism reigns within our public bodies, failure management becomes the order of the day. This community makes me sick.
Scooby Wrote:I am here to propose a challenge to the School Board. As an employee of the district at the Brookside Campus I am appauled by the disorganization and the "pass the buck" attitude that has been deployed by the administration up the food chain to the super. I am no way pointing the finger at one paticular person(s) because this goes way deeper than blaming one person. Sure we could say it's this person(s) fault for the way this school operates but in order to run a school it takes a collective effort from everyone from the School Board, the Super, Principal, Asst. Principal's, House Principal's, Teachers, Safety Staff, as well as Paraprofessional's. I am writing this on behalf of the 90% of good students that attend this school. They are the one's that are suffering the most due to the fact they have to deal with the 10% of students who just don't give a S**t. I am talking about the gangbangers, the dope smoker's, the constant truants, the constant hallwalkers, the disrespectful kids who think they can talk to staff as if they were in the hood. I'm sorry but these are the kids that need to go and until something is done and the school board takes a hard stance on students like this, the school will never reach it's full potential. The problem is the School Board is so concerned with numbers(suspensions,expulsions) that it is a reflection on themselves. We all know how politics work. If there's high suspensions and expulsions it looks bad in the public eye and who would want to send their children to a school like this. Not to mention funding (money) the district would lose. The problem is the school staff spends so much of their time dealing with this 10% that they are taken away from encouraging and recognizing the 90%. Let's face it we can not save all our children and unfortunately no matter how hard we try there are some that will fall through the cracks of society. We are not talking about young kids here. We are talking about young adults who know the difference from right and wrong and if they cannot adhere to the rules of the school then they should be removed. Put it back on the shoulders of the parents who many now a days expect the school to raise their children for them. Let them deal with their out of control kid and deal with alternative placement and babysitting. To the School Board come visit the school unannounced, be an outside observer in the hallways and you will see for yourself. Also you need to revamp your discipline handbook and let the parents and kids know that Waukegan School Dist. ain't playin anymore!!! The handbook is too soft for kids of this age. For instance you fight in school your out indefinately. You get caught with drugs your out indefinately. You bring a weapon in school your out indefinately. Doing this will teach the kids responsibility, and being resposible for their actions along with putting the burden on the parents which this district has gotten away from. Have a mandatory orientation at the beginning of each year where students and parent must attend to review the handbook. If they don't attend they don't get in school. In doing this the parent,child and school will all be on the same page. No suprises and no excuses. I know it's easier said then done but think about the outcome. A school where the good kids can come and get an education and not have to worry about the 10%ers.
You can remove the 10% but what are you going to do with them? Won't there be another 10% to take their palce next year? These problems will perpetually exist until the root cause is addressed. Our current system of differential advantage and corruption guarantees it.
To danno your correct the root of the problem needs to be addressesd and adhered to by all who walk through that door for an education. The board must grow a set, if you know what I mean and stop being afraid. The problem with the board and the higher ups at Lincoln Center is that when a complaint comes in from a disgruntled parent they must stick to their guns and not back down. The problem is when the district hears the word sue or attorney they back down and run away with their tails between their legs. Trust me the word gets out quickly that all you have to do is go to Lincoln Center and cause a scene and the backing down takes place.
As far as where to put the 10%ers, that's not mine or your problem. That falls on the hands of the parents, FOR A CHANGE. When are we going to realize that the teachers and staff are there to teach, offer advice, and provide a safe environment for all. NOT TO RAISE THEIR KIDS. The problem nowadays is that too many parents, not all are expecting others to raise their kids and teach them values. Remember values start at home at the dinner table.
Amen