The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1364 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2876 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 618 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Bone to Pick with the District!!!!
It's no longer an issue of free speech. It is becoming is an issue of unrestricted access to the media, driven by the free market. Currently, there is a move afoot to place a de facto restriction on market-driven media access through methods such as the "fairness" doctrine, "community standards boards" and other types of restrictions.

It's not the elimination of free speech that is at issue; it's the elimination of the ability to say what you believe in a forum that has a wide listening audience, by choice. What the "fairness" doctrine, et. al. are trying to do is to allow government to decide what speech is allowable for mass distribution.

If your site gets the power to restrict media access to those sources who only approved, then free speech is pointless. If you can't be heard, it doesn't matter if you have the right to say what you want. Those who look to increase the District’s power over the individuals and restrict their liberties are those who wish to avoid having to debate the many issues within the District.

In this blog, I can say pretty much what I want, as long as I don't use words that offend" or other words that set off this site's obscenity filters. However, only a couple of hundred people read this thing. Rush Limbaugh, on the other hand, has more than 300 stations carrying his show, and more than twelve million people listen to him every week. His show is paid for by advertisers, which makes economic sense because of his popularity. NPR, on the other hand, has more than 600 stations, yet they're paid for by the taxpayers.

NPR is decidedly liberal, while Limbaugh is conservative; however, if the "fairness" doctrine or its breed comes back, NPR's point of view will be allowed (and paid for by us), while Limbaugh's will be outlawed. While liberals might jump for joy at the thought, a moment's calm reflection might tell them that politics is cyclical, and if a conservative government took over and used the same rules, NPR would be gone the next day.

Free speech, and now free access through the marketplace to the media, is at the core of our republic. It's no accident that the first amendment is about freedom of speech and the press. It's first because it's the most important.

If the District preferred that the people of this forum voices are only to eject constructive feedback, then maybe the District should practice running a more favorable School system. Market-driven popular shows shouldn't be restricted so that only they will determine what's allowable on the airwaves, then let me mention please banned me, for I will continue to point out the District’s foul-ups and personal driven schemes. As you're looking over this paragraph, it might not hurt to remember Edmund Burke's admonition that "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Here I am a citizen with children (where political corruption exists) and as a citizen fighting for life. As a result, hoping that the individuals in charge start doing what our tax dollars pay for. I think many people of this forum motivation are clearly to voice concerns and views, if the District’s poor practices are obtainable, please expect those poor practices to come under scrutiny... The District’s seemly mission is to provoke “Damage Control’. If it’s felt compulsory that I’m silenced and restricted of your site privileges of voicing a concern of this administration in charge of my children’s future, then yes permanently banning me is in order.
Real 1 I read your post. Well said. Everyone has freedom of speech. As a taxpayer we should be able to voice our opinions and thoughts. If this forum bans individual from speaking especially the Truth. Then what good is this forum. I see (this forum) wants you to agree with their ill practices. As long as you agree you can voice your opionions. The truth always wants to be hidden. If we taxpayers continue to let this happen, we will get what we have always gotten (NOTHING). I am a taxpayer and should have the right to know where my money goes since I still have school age children, while paying these outlandish taxes for the school. A school system where the adminstrators gain the big bucks. While my children and others cannot receive new books. This is obsurd. I also advice parents to attend these shady meetings to see what goes on.
madhott: There are many among us without children, yet we still deserve to know how our money is being spent.
After one thread fell into bickering, you started another one that had absolutely nothing to do with WPS, in an attempt to show... what, exactly?

Let me be clear here.

A little over a year ago, the spouse of an ex-employee began posting here about what happened to his wife. At first, it sounded like there might be legitimate concerns involving the district and their actions. This quickly gave way to a near take over of the Schools forum by one individual who's every post was practically the same - the district is crooked, they wronged my wife. It went on. And on. And on. After it finally stopped, after the damage was done, and after the smoke had cleared it was evident that I had made a grave mistake in allowing the debacle to continue on as long as it had.

Make no mistake, it will not happen again. The minute I get a hint of what could turn into a repeat of the events of last year, I'm shutting it down.

If you have a point to make, make it. If you have information you feel is vitally important for the community to know, share it. If you feel so strongly the security guards were wronged, and based on the results of the trial it certainly seems that is the case, present it here, by all means. As a taxpayer who is incredibly tired of investing in a school district with a piss poor ROI, I want to know how my tax dollars are being misspent.

But don't you dare come here and accuse me of stifling free speech.

The first post was locked because you decided to get into a pissing match with another member. The second was locked due to me getting a hint of a potential ongoing crusade and because it had nothing to do with WPS.

Now, we can continue to go back and forth. You can accuse me of being a district lap dog, here to do my masters' bidding and keep people from posting negative comments about our seriously screwed up district. Or, you can continue to try to post about the security guards who were wrongly accused of a crime and terminated from their positions, while 560 other people are getting ready to lose their jobs. Or you can take it all to the school board, throw it in their faces, and demand answers.

The choice is yours.

Admin

p.s. Pick a name and stick with it.