The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1364 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2876 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 618 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waukegan Public Library
My daughter had a reading problem, but overcame it and LOVES to read now. She loves it so much that she has been taking a couple of her friends there (that need help in this area) to show them that reading can be fun and help them out. Anyhow, she took one guy there after being on his azz for a few months. They'd go there 2-3 times a week after school, and he finally got his first library card. Well, to make a long story short, when they went back to check out more books they were told he lives in unincorporated Waukegan and will be charged a fee for the use of our library. I've now been taking them to the Gurnee library where they are more friendly and have a much better selection of things. It's a shame our library has gone so down-hill. Sad
I thought there was a one time fee if you didn't have a library card. (Not too expensive.) But that's only if you're checking out material. If you only do your reading at the library, then it's probably not that big a deal. They don't seem to care if you're reading quietly at one of the tables or chairs there.

Also if you're patient, there is an inter-library exchange. I believe it's at least county-wide. It probably takes somewhere between a week and month to get a book on order when it's not at the local library. And then you've got keep on it so you know when the book arrives. At least you can use the local lookup to see what book is at what library, and then go from there. (And that can be done online via the Waukegan Library website.)

At least you have to give credit to the hispanic community to having some degree of literacy, otherwise there wouldn't be as big collection of Spanish language books at the Library. But I get your point too, of course it would be more useful to all of us if they'd apply some of that desire to read to learning and becoming literate in the original local language. (Kind of a mix of "PC" folks accommodating and some lazyness on their part. But moreso the "PC's" fault for reducing or removing the incentive.)
Getting home today, I was on fire!
I thought..... I am going to post on the blog regarding the library. To my surprise, there is already a thread going.
I was unable to get any work done at the library today. I think the library is now Blockbuster, the mall, and worse than that......the local pub and grub.
"What is going on? People should be able to go to the library to find peace and quiet to accomplish something. Isn't this susposed to be the culture and climate of the library ......." a/This was not the case anymore. When I questioned the staff, they all expressed their frustration with the situation of noise, children running all over, people on the cell phones, and loud ipods. I asked a few more questions...Why do you not ask them to leave a/ the library would be empty, Where are the signs that say QUIET PLEASE to reiforce the expectations and support the staff a/ they would not do any good, Why do you not ask them to be quiet a/ we are afraid of loosing our jobs. I agree that the Library is a great place for the community and Waukegan is a great community. There needs to be a place in the library that is quiet.... I mean Ghostbuster quiet! I also asked how big is Richard Lee's office a/ a comfortable size. Idea.... Mr. Lee clean out your office and go work downstairs in the chaos. I would like to have a place that is quiet, your office will do.
Welcome to the land of low expectations. Have fun beating your head against the wall.
I have noticed a lot of noise at the Waukegan Library, too. Public libraries are not what they used to be, so silent. They have become
"community centers" too.

Think about it, not a lot of places for community in Waukegan, where people can come to see each other. Grocery stores sort of are community centers, too. How many times have you gone shopping and can't get to what you want because people are standing and gabbing to each other?

LOL.
Basically, the Waukegan Public Library has become a free Blockbuster and training center for Spanish language speaking patrons. I check out most of my materials via Warren-Newport although I notice their new Spanish language materials section is becoming bigger than the new English speaking materials section. Before you know it, we'll all have to drive to Lake Forest to check out a new book. Reconquista, indeed.