The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1399 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1364 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2876 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 618 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1399 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(729) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 729 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 731 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 403 purgespammer_show
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(471) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 471 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 656 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 656 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 714 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 714 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 719 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 719 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd Ward Alderman race: Guzman Junior
If you know anyone in the second ward remind them to vote... Can you imagine two Guzmans in office??

South Side Dems vie for 2nd Ward seat
Primary will decide nominee -- and winner

February 23, 2009
By DAN MORAN <!-- e --><a href="mailtoBig GrinMORAN@SCN1.COM">DMORAN@SCN1.COM</a><!-- e -->

WAUKEGAN -- City officials reported that when candidates were sought last fall to replace the late John Balen as 2nd Ward alderman, more than a dozen residents expressed interest in the job.

The field won't be as crowded on Tuesday when voters will start the process of filling the two years remaining on Balen's term, but four candidates will be on the Democratic ballot: past candidate Susan J. Bailey, political newcomer Jose A. Guzman, incumbent Thomas J. Koncan Jr., and political newcomer Patrick Seger.

The ward is on the south side of the city between the 1st and 9th wards, bounded roughly by Washington Street on the north, 14th Street on the south, Jackson Street on the east and the Greenbelt Forest Preserve on the west. Tuesday's winner would be the presumptive officeholder, with no Republican on the April 7 ballot.

Bailey twice challenged Balen for alderman and lost by only 20 votes in April 2007. The 51-year-old patient-care manager for Vista Health Systems said voters "should choose me because I'm an independent thinker, not one who's hand picked by the current administration. I'm not controlled by the 'good ol' boys' politics."

"I'm sensitive to diversity, concerned about all and have the interpersonal skills and communication skills to reach all in a respectful manner," said Bailey, listing street repairs, parking concerns, waste collection, street lighting and overall beautification as the key issues facing the ward.

Guzman, a 32-year-old employee of the Illinois Department of Transportation, has lived in the ward for two years and said voters should choose him for "integrity -- no more politics as usual. (I have) actual concern for the people not just for one individual ... I will demand safety for our ward and our city."

Asked to list the top issues facing the ward, Guzman said property taxes, quality of schools and making sure city services are completed. He also called for the City Council to rescind the $500 towing ordinance.

Koncan, appointed to succeed Balen in November by Mayor Richard Hyde, also listed city services and street repairs as key issues, saying "winter's been real rough on the roads around here." The 47-year-old Abbott Laboratories manager added that he has fielded complaints about potholes from ward residents during his three months in office.

"I'm already seeing how the city runs, and if someone new comes in, they'll be starting from square one again," Koncan said, adding that he sought the job last fall "because I want to be their alderman. Other than the four years I was in the Marine Corps, I've lived in this neighborhood my whole life."

Seger, an Air Force veteran and maintenance technician at Highland Park Hospital, said ward residents he's spoken with mention things like property taxes, tree trimming, and pothole and sidewalk repair as their top concerns. He added that he's also worried about "cars that speed through our subdivisions."

"The No. 1 thing is I care -- that four-letter word, c-a-r-e, covers everything," Seger said. "I care about Waukegan, I care about our ward, the seniors, the kids ... I was born at St. Therese Hospital in 1949 (and) I moved into the 2nd Ward in 1991."

All of the candidates called for the city to help lower taxes by drawing more businesses to the city, with Bailey saying "the greatest challenge is to meet the needs of a diverse population in a faltering economy," and Guzman calling for new movie theaters, restaurants and nightclubs.

Koncan called for pursuit of companies with "jobs that anyone coming out of high school can get" that pay good wages, and Seger said the city should work with small businesses to keep them from shutting down or moving out of the city.

[Image: WA23_2NDWARD_P2_scn_feed_20090222_22_28_...ageContent]
Jose Guzman Jr.
Those pictures they take of the 2nd ward alderman candidates all look like they have to go to the bathroom real bad. That's the main reason why I didn't run. :lol: