The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 177 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 177 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Waukegan Talk
How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Printable Version

+- Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Forum: Waukegan Schools (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? (/showthread.php?tid=539)

Pages: 1 2 3

How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Penguin40 - 08-21-2009

What the hell do I need to do to get my daughter registered into the High School??

This is the most rediculous thing I've ever been through. I registered my daughter back in the springtime...my only mistake was mailing it to the Lincoln Center...my mistake. Anyhow, I haven't received anything all summer, so I called the High School, which told me to call another woman (Don't know if I can say her name here). Anyhow, she basically told me that my daughter wasn't registered and that I'd have to register her as a new student. I explained that I registered her in the Spring etc. but that didn't matter I guess. She was insistant that I need to register her as a new student....I asked how to go about this and was told that I'd have to wait until school started then call her to make an appointment. I wanted to clarify that my daughter had to miss school, and she told me yes, they won't let her go to school until after it starts because they dropped her as she wasn't registered. I went to the High School on Monday, as her friends were saying they need to pick up their schedules etc. Well, we got there, they told us what 'house' she was in and told us to go to the other side of the building to get her paperwork. We got down there and were told she wasn't registered, and to go to the main office. We go there, explain everything and the woman gives us a number to call (which was the same number as this woman) Well, I've been calling that number...no voice mail, no answer since Monday....called the Principal no voice mail no answser...now here's the rediculous thing....if my child is not registered like they say, why in hell did I get a letter in the mail yesterday from the High School saying her schedule was changed?!? What we can tell is that everything that is on her schedule, is exactly what she signed up for at the end of last year!! Does anyone know how I can get my kid into school in this town?????? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Harold - 08-21-2009

Welcome, to the city of vision. We're going to have a lemans race, condos and wonderful green areas at our, once lucrative, industrial lake front; many wealthy empty-nesters will flood in and purchase their share of the dream that is to be our future-- doncha' know? We're a VERY PROGRESSIVE, enlightened community. What was your problem again?

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Snoopy - 08-21-2009

Penguin,
Go to the next level if you do not get the response from the proper channels. Thats what I do. Very happy with the Board and Dr. Batiste's resolvement of issues. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Shawn

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Penguin40 - 08-22-2009

Hi Snoops! Yes definately going to the board etc. It's just so rediculous though. I can't believe they'd make her miss school...I thought they were there so the kids CAN go to school! Ugggghhh

Anyhow all is well otherwise!! The older one says 'hello'! Wink

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - OhBrother - 08-22-2009

Same sh!t new year in the Land of Misfit Toys. I would say the administration is full of imbeciles but that is an insult to imbeciles.
Lincoln Center is a breeding ground of arrogance and incompetence.
Our school district constantly fails our students and no one gives a damn.
The board should have jumped at the chance for a charter high school from LCU. You're supposed to represent US not the administration or the unions.
I pray the state comes in and takes over.

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Busboy - 08-22-2009

Tell them that you just moved here from Tonatico.

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - goodintentions - 08-22-2009

Laughing my butt off!

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - Penguin40 - 08-23-2009

Busboy Wrote:Tell them that you just moved here from Tonatico.

I think you may be on to something!! I may just have to do that!! Confusedhock:

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - countymounty - 08-23-2009

Here it is.....The administration will not have the shool running the first day, so you should just wait till next week when Dr. Hamilin stops praying with the kids and starts running a building. The rumor is that Dr. Hamlin and his cronies were to busy looking for new jobs this summer then getting the schedules and classes organized. I was told that some classes have 100 kids and some have 4. This was a bad job done by some guy name Terry Mcque (sp) (who I tried to call this summer and was told I couldnt get anyone registered until July 1) who was brought in by the wonderful principal who knows nothing.

I feel your pain I was trying to figure out how to register my kid since May when we found out he was transfering back to Waukegan. Most of my phone calls were met with NO ANSWERS. I believe my wife finally went over there in late July and got some resolution.

Call Donaldo Batista and let him know that they are screwing with your kids education!!

Re: How the Hell do I get my kid into the school??? - bruce - 08-23-2009

Wow, this is going to be interesting this year. Teachers are just as nervous as parents about the opening of the two campuses. Penguin, I am a teacher and I was told I was going to have my schedule mailed to me and I have NOT received it yet. I think its going to be a "fun" start!

I hope the principal isnt praying with the kids ..uh..thats against the law.