The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 177 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Waukegan Talk
YMCA Swim Team - Printable Version

+- Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Forum: Waukegan Schools (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: YMCA Swim Team (/showthread.php?tid=536)

Pages: 1 2

YMCA Swim Team - Harold - 08-20-2009

My son began YMCA swim lessons at the age of 7. He became a YMCA Seahorse swim team member at 9 years of age and swam in the program thru the age of 14. Does anyone recall the year that the boys high school swim tem was canceled? I could answer that question. If you would like to hear my assessment, call me at 1-847-623-1474 after 6 p.m. Ask for Harold. BTW I attended and worked every home meet and practice, most importantly. You want to know how instructive the coaches are? Come to practice, and watch.

Re: YMCA Swim Team - WkgnBorn&Raised - 08-21-2009

Harold--Just to clarify, are you hoping the boys swim team comes back or are you concerned with the coaching at the Y team? I have heard that at the freshman orientation last spring that they had about 20 boys sign us as interested in a a team and I personnally know of 2 boys, who did not swim for the Y or another swim team, who are interested in swimming this winter for the HS. It would be great if a team could be organized. There is a hole in the winter sports schedule for a male athletic who doesn't fit the traditional sport mode.

Re: YMCA Swim Team - Bupkes - 08-25-2009

I can personally state that my son was one of a group of boys who attended the Freshman Orientation Night to help recruit interested incoming freshmen to get a swim team going. They recruited about 20 new members. Very exciting and encouraging.

Unfortunately, when I attended the school board meeting this summer and saw the list of coaches and their stipends, boys swimming was not among the sports listed.

I don't know why it died on the vine, there was certainly an interest. Is a swimming club the way to get this going? If one staff member is willing to be the advisor to the group, they could have it if one student asks for it. Who's willing to step up to the plate?

I hope someone comes forward to ask and agree from each end. Otherwise it's more of the same for our kids: bupkes.

Re: YMCA Swim Team - Snoopy - 08-25-2009

Bupkes Wrote:I can personally state that my son was one of a group of boys who attended the Freshman Orientation Night to help recruit interested incoming freshmen to get a swim team going. They recruited about 20 new members. Very exciting and encouraging.

Unfortunately, when I attended the school board meeting this summer and saw the list of coaches and their stipends, boys swimming was not among the sports listed.

I don't know why it died on the vine, there was certainly an interest. Is a swimming club the way to get this going? If one staff member is willing to be the advisor to the group, they could have it if one student asks for it. Who's willing to step up to the plate?

I hope someone comes forward to ask and agree from each end. Otherwise it's more of the same for our kids: bupkes.

Are we not offering the same that ALL of our surrounding communities do for their own?

Shawn White

Re: YMCA Swim Team - Bupkes - 08-29-2009

No, Snoopy, we do not offer the same that the surrounding communities do for their own. Where have you been?

Re: YMCA Swim Team - Snoopy - 08-29-2009

Bupkes Wrote:No, Snoopy, we do not offer the same that the surrounding communities do for their own. Where have you been?

Bupkes,
How can I help to make this better?

Re: YMCA Swim Team - JazminH - 08-29-2009

What are you talking about bupkis. We have the best selection of gangs to choose from in the county.

Re: YMCA Swim Team - countymounty - 09-20-2009

Did the boys get their team off the ground for this year?

Re: YMCA Swim Team - bruce - 09-20-2009

Not yet..but there is interest

Re: YMCA Swim Team - WkgnBorn&Raised - 09-21-2009

The school board is scheduled to vote on a boys HS swim team tomorrow, 7 pm at Lincoln Center. If you know of any boys interested in swimming, please urge them to attend this meeting and speak on the need for a team.