The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 847 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 733 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 416 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 177 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 783 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 802 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 802 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Waukegan Talk
Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Printable Version

+- Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Forum: Waukegan Schools (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach (/showthread.php?tid=495)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Snoopy - 08-02-2009

I think many of you know my involvement in Waukegan Girls Softball Assn; an unpaid position. I have been involved in this for going on ten years. I have been involved in attempting to get the District to evaluate the performance of the high school coach. The rubber stamping of this good man has been tabled until the August 11th School Board meeting.
The biggest concern I have had, having a vested interest in Waukegan Softball, is that perhaps we have not found the absolute best to lead the program, as our district has strived to do with Boys basketball.
I had a great conversation with my uncle Tom. He is now a retired Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nebraska. We had a great conversation about Title Nine. I'll provide you all a link to navigate and find a quality conversation with my uncle.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://law.creighton.edu/?nebraskaoralhistories">http://law.creighton.edu/?nebraskaoralhistories</a><!-- m -->
I understand there are some great efforts being made by our athletic director to undermine my allegations made to the school board along with Dr. Hamlin. I can assure everyone involved that the Girls of Waukegan are provided by law the same efforts made in pursueing the best available coaches in any sport as we have so proudly done for the boys in basketball. It is the very reason Title Nine was instituted.
There is an abundance of talent that has yet to be harnessed in regards to Girls Softball. I promise everyone I will be there on August 11 to speak on behalf of Waukegan's most precious; its Girls!
Shawn White
Director of Travel
Waukegan Girls Softball Assn
Waukegan Renegades
(224) 381-2834

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - bruce - 08-03-2009

I did write a response, however I just realized how rediculous this is. I hope our school board and Principal are more worried about starting the school off on the right foot with the two campuses. Please post the travel team records I am curious how they are doing - I have a friend of the family that plays on the 14u I believe. Im sure they are undeafeted with the great coaching Smile Shawn--I do like your energy / passion toward our town, however you are coming off as a disgruntled parent who wishes they were coaching. Wouldnt it be better served to call the coach up and talk it out man to man.

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - countymounty - 08-03-2009

Snoop,Frequent board surfer but never a responder. As you are aware several lawsuits have been won on behalf of coaches that have been attacked personally(lake forest football coach, DeLasalle coach, and and oakforest softball coach) have all won million dollar lawsuits against the respective boards of education and the parent that started the attacks. I am sure you wouldnt put any personal attacks in email form that could hinder this coaches job. Im sure the Waukegan Board of Ed could use another lawsuit. I know...I know..your not afraid of any lawsuits or anything, but Im just saying it happens. Remeber what the Bible says "you reep what you sow." If you have an issue you need to go to the director of athletics and then the principal.

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Snoopy - 08-03-2009

I want to thank both Bruce and County Mounty for their thoughtful posts. In the grand scheme of things, this is only a silly game of softball. The school district has many more important things to discuss, but this is also very important to me. Teaching doesn't end in the classroom. It extends outside the classroom and onto the basketball courts and softball fields on which these student-athletes compete. The coaches have a great responsibility to our children too, and this responsibility should not be overlooked or dismissed as trivial. I saw kids in tears from the last game of the season, some that have played for and with me and the organizations I have represented as both coach and administator.
I have already won the battle I have started. My victory has been acheived by raising the level of conscienceness of softball in Waukegan.
Shawn White
224-381-2834

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - bruce - 08-03-2009

You may have risen awareness, but I still feel man to man is the only way to solve these issues. Maybe you can bring all the coaches together and teach the girls a valuable lesson in having everyone pull together. Bring the AD in and sit down, maybe call obama and have a "beer summitt."

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Snoopy - 08-03-2009

bruce Wrote:You may have risen awareness, but I still feel man to man is the only way to solve these issues. Maybe you can bring all the coaches together and teach the girls a valuable lesson in having everyone pull together. Bring the AD in and sit down, maybe call obama and have a "beer summitt."
Bruce, I really do appreciate what you have said. I can only ask you," Do you truly believe this is an original thought?" This has been happening the entire year. I beg of someone's attempt to dispute that.
The High School Coach is a very good man, just not the man that will lead a wealth of talent in Waukegan to a state championship. There is no plan in place to do so. Waukegan is a very diverse city, and we deserve to bring these young ladies together with one concerted effort to bring Waukegan back on top, as we were feared in my youth. I lived in an era where Waukegan was feared as an opponent. I look forward to the day that this is not just Boys Basketball in this town, but every single sport we participate in! Bruce, again I thank you for your input, but please do not presume that there has not been an extension of hands and ideas prior to this conversation.
Shawn White
(224) 381-2834

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Snoopy - 08-04-2009

countymounty Wrote:Snoop,Frequent board surfer but never a responder. As you are aware several lawsuits have been won on behalf of coaches that have been attacked personally(lake forest football coach, DeLasalle coach, and and oakforest softball coach) have all won million dollar lawsuits against the respective boards of education and the parent that started the attacks. I am sure you wouldnt put any personal attacks in email form that could hinder this coaches job. Im sure the Waukegan Board of Ed could use another lawsuit. I know...I know..your not afraid of any lawsuits or anything, but Im just saying it happens. Remeber what the Bible says "you reep what you sow." If you have an issue you need to go to the director of athletics and then the principal.
I was not aware of the many lawsuits won on behalf of coaches in the various places you have pointed me to. I so appreciate that advice. I will not attack a very good man, nor has my intention to ever do so. I will declare that there is no unified effort coming from the Varsity Softball Coaches position, nor has there been any effort to build a program, other than a one day clinic on June 12th, from 8-1pm.
We do so, indeed, reap what we sow, sir, as you have so eloquently quoted the bible. It is why, for the last four or five years I have been involved in fall clinics for the youth of Waukegan to teach the fundamentals of the game, with the help of many honorable men and women. It is why I have been going nonstop, all four seasons for Waukegan girls for the last five years, sometimes my own children participated, sometimes not. I know there is another group in Waukegan putting forth the same sort of effort, and they are to be commended;Waukegan Lady Dawgs.
I went to the source of it all, the Varsity Coach, and he did not satify my questions. I saw girls cry and was explained to why they were sad, and it was all I needed to know that I must do what I can to not have this happen to them again..
We reap what we sow, I only hope we have good land we are tilling. I hope God forgives me if I am fighting the wrong fight.
Shawn White
224-381-2834

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - countymounty - 08-04-2009

You mention the basketball coach alot. Did you know he had a career losing record before he got here? Did you know the News Sun and a certain "stars" parents tried to run him out every day last year?

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - Snoopy - 08-04-2009

I saw a Waukegan team competing in the State Championship, and wish that for all of our Athletic and Academic programs.

Re: Waukegan High School Varsity Softball Coach - countymounty - 08-04-2009

You just lost all your credibility with that statement. There are several great softball programs who have never won or even got to the state championship game in the history of the school. Good luck with your ousting of the coach. I cant find the travel teams web sight anywhere. Can you provide a link so we can see what is going on there?