The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 45 - File: global.php(816) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(816) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
/global.php 816 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4984 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4984 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6987 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6987 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5011 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(254) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 254 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 167 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 167 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Waukegan Talk
Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - Printable Version

+- Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Waukegan Talk (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (http://wauktalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack (/showthread.php?tid=30)

Pages: 1 2

Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - kellyann1293 - 09-26-2008

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/1187354,WA26_lynnfolo_s1.article

Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack

September 26, 2008
NEWS-SUN STAFF REPORT

WAUKEGAN--The owner of the two pit bulls that mauled a 19-year-old woman earlier this month was charged, police announced Friday.

John Hodnik, 41, of the 2100 block of Waverly Place faces one count of reckless conduct for his role in the attack on Kiara Lynn, 19, on Sept.11.

Hodnik appeared in bond court today where he was ordered held in Lake County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bond.

He also has been ordered not to possess any animals.

Two of the dogs that attacked Lynn were seized by Waukegan Animal Control after the incident and euthanized Sept. 16. A third dog is still being held.

According to police, the incident began in the 2100 block of Waverly Place as Lynn and her friend Chris Terry, 18, were walking to a nearby gas station.

After the two passed Hodnik's house, two of the three dogs broke free from the chains attached to Hodnik's front porch railing and chased and attacked Lynn.

As a result of the attack, the woman suffered severe injuries to her scalp and ear, as well as numerous bites to her arms and legs.

Lynn was transported to Vista East Medical Center in Waukegan where she underwent emergency surgery in an attempt to reattach her ear.

Since then, Lynn has been recovering and is scheduled to undergo plastic surgery next week to repair her ear.

A statement provided by Judy Keener, Lynn's mother, said the family appreciates all the phone calls, letters and words of encouragement her daughter has received from the public.

"We all just thank God Kiara is alive," Keener said. "We are now going to let the law what they have to do."

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - winthropharborguy - 09-26-2008

I really don't understand this witch hunt with the pit bulls. It's the way they are bread not the breed itself. Do you know that a standard poodle can tear a pit bull apart? It's just the type of people who get the pit bull breed. The staffordshire terrier (pit bull as it is called) has always had a aura about it so the noerdowells out there get that kind of dog and train them to be mean and attack. Years ago it was the doberman. People who don't care about other humans and are just idiots used to train them. Now the pit bull has the headlines. There are many breeds you could train to attack and kill humans. No, I do not have a pit bull and the reason is they are just plain ugly to me but that's just my opinion.

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - Blackdiamond - 09-27-2008

:roll: Big Grin Do you have pet snakes?

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - MissMia - 09-27-2008

Ifeel bad for the pit bull dog too, I agree, it's how they are raised. My daughter's friend has a pit bull and he is the sweetest dog (but I still get nervous when I pet him because of all the bad rap that the breed gets.) :?

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - kellyann1293 - 09-27-2008

I don't care what kind of dog it is. They need to be properly confined and controlled. Whether it's an annoying 10-pound ankle-biter or a 100-pound guard dog, I shouldn't have to constantly worry about being bitten (or worse) when I'm in my own yard or walking down the sidewalk. And when I call animal control, I shouldn't be told that there's nothing they can do unless it's between the hours of 9AM and 5PM Monday through Friday. Or be told that I should just go out and take pictures of the pack of menacing dogs in my backyard. Sorry - if I go outside to deal with a pack of dogs in my yard, I'm going to be armed with more than just a camera...

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - Blackdiamond - 09-29-2008

Yeah Kellyanne--you could be their next meal. What fool told you to do that? :x

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - JeffK - 09-30-2008

On Sunday afternoon on the 700 block of Pacific, I was walking my dog before we went downtown. Some kids were selling coupon books door-to-door and while the door was open on a house, a pitbull came rocketing out belly to the ground full blast crossing the street streaking towards my dog (a non-agressive dog). I usually carry pepper spray for this time of thing but left them in my other pants. I yelled and yelled for the owner, got between myself and my dog and raised my fist and screamed ready to get bit but take the eyes out of that demon. The dog backed down (I'm a big guy). What blew my mind was the attitude of the owner. I told him, "You need to control a dog like that. There are kids in the neighborhood." His response? "F you, you mf. Shut the f up!" This took me back and I said, "If this happens again, I'm calling Animal Control to take this dog from you." Again, more f me, etc (mind you, this is in front of children selling coupon books). I said, "Nice language in front of kids." He let loose another torrent of "f" talk and his friend pulled him inside the house telling him to shut up. I stood there in rage thinking I can't walk my dog on my own block. (Two houses down at a rental, a pitbull rushed my dog and me. Same kind of verbal diarhea from the owner.) So, I guess, yes, it is the owner, they program or train the dog how they want, nonetheless, the dog is still a problem and should be removed. I understand there are some responsible owners but the majority of pitbull owners have ruined it for everyone. We need a pitbull ban or at the very least a license to own one with mandatory training classes. We gunowners have to do that, correct?

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - Blackdiamond - 09-30-2008

I wish you would turn him in, anyway. Glad you weren't attacked.

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - JeffK - 09-30-2008

Thanks, I was more worried about my dog. I would take any amount of bites to protect my friend.

Re: Waukegan man charged in pit bull attack - Guest - 10-01-2008

My girls (72 y/o) mother was kneeling in her yard working on her garden, alone and no radio, not talking, etc. just minding her own business. There's a 6 foot non-see through fence between her backyard & the neighbors. Yet 2 pit bulls jumped this fence & attacked her. This is NOT the 1st/2nd/3rd time these dogs did this. So far they have yet to harm anyone as much as in this article, thank goodness. Still these pit bulls attacked without provocation.

So these two dogs got 10 days in detention at the pound and then will be released to their owner. (LOL) I really wonder if these dogs learned anything while in 10 days detention?

The day will come when any breed that is determined to be vicious to humans will be totally eliminated from this earth. Don't get on my case about the ramifications, it's just a thought DUE TO THE FACT that humans bred these animals from wolves EONS ago. These animals were not natural to earth in the first place, so they can be removed.