Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Let's See Who Responds To This!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The old saying goes: I carry a gun, because I can't carry a cop.

First Chicago bans gun. Then they put up 10,000 cameras to watch the bloodbath
Gun Rights Roundup
by Buckeye Firearms Association

Chicago is known as a world-class city, offering everything from a great nightlife to the arts, ethnic cuisine, championship sports teams, top universities, and excellent public transportation.

But Chicago's real claim to fame is its world-class crime. Year after year, violent thugs slaughter Chicago's citizens, making it one of the most violent places in the United States.

The city's answer to this bloodbath is a system of more than 10,000 cameras to invade its citizens' privacy and watch the effects of its draconian gun laws that render citizens helpless.

Cameras only serve to give citizens a false sense of security because many people assume criminals won't commit crimes while under surveillance. Just watching the local news blows that theory out of the water. Nearly every newscast shows video of the latest crime committed in full view of security cameras.

And all the cameras in the world can't overcome Mayor Richard Daily's decision to invoke the failed tactics of gun control. Wherever people are disarmed, criminals can choose their victims at will, cameras or no cameras.

It's bad enough that the State of Illinois doesn't allow legal concealed carry for law abiding citizens, but in Chicago keeping a gun for home defense is also illegal. City residents can only hope that the U.S. Supreme Court will rule in favor of the right to bear arms and overturn the longtime ban on firearms ownership.

For the moment, the first, last, and only line of defense for homeowners is the strength of the locks on their doors and windows. Once a criminal gets into the home, the situation has only one possible outcome as long as homeowners lack the means to fight back.

For Chicago to trample on its citizens Second Amendment rights and create a citywide victim zone is stupid. To erect cameras that do little but observe the mayhem is just cruel.

One tool alone shifts the balance of power in a violent encounter from the criminal to the honest citizen – a firearm.
ClassicalLib17 Wrote:
Quote:The old saying goes: I carry a gun, because I can't carry a cop.

One tool alone shifts the balance of power in a violent encounter from the criminal to the honest citizen – a firearm.

Here we call it common sense and reasoning.

It seems so that gunslinging americans prefer to SHOOT first, and MAYBE ask questions later...
Here Chicago has had one horrendous week of shootings...made national news, four household members shot one day last week, the a few days later,
seven more shot dead in "drive-by" shootings.

And ClassialLib here advocates for more guns and fewer restrictions on them.

Give me a break! Unbelievable. :roll:

-- WT Reader
WT, Dennis, One would think that after 40 years of Progressive social welfare policy and the resulting disaster these enslavement programs have wrought upon tens of millions of Americans, the Progressives would finally acknowledge that this problem cannot be fixed by gun control. I think the solution to this egregious assault on disadvantaged American citizens is clearly articulated by State Senator James Meeks and the Illinois Policy Institute. Or, maybe you could contact Otis McDonald, the plaintiff in McDonald v. Chicago, and tell him that common sense and reasoning is the solution to his problem. I'll give you a fair warning, he is a senior citizen and obviously doesn't believe you have a viable solution to his problem. They banned firearms in England and now knives have been banned. Would you rather be shot or stabbed or pummeled to death? Maybe the Progressives should take another look at their Eugenics studies of the early 20th Century. How would you two justify your existence? H-m-m?
Quote:Dennis Ista says: Here we call it common sense and reasoning.

It seems so that gunslinging americans prefer to SHOOT first, and MAYBE ask questions later...Dennis_Ista

Dear Dennis, How is that common sense and reasoning working out for your law enforcement agencies in your muslim enclaves, to which your government has abdicated their authority to sharia law?
ClassicalLib17 Wrote:WT, Dennis, One would think that after 40 years of Progressive social welfare policy and the resulting disaster these enslavement programs have wrought upon tens of millions of Americans, the Progressives would finally acknowledge that this problem cannot be fixed by gun control. I think the solution to this egregious assault on disadvantaged American citizens is clearly articulated by State Senator James Meeks and the Illinois Policy Institute. Or, maybe you could contact Otis McDonald, the plaintiff in McDonald v. Chicago, and tell him that common sense and reasoning is the solution to his problem. I'll give you a fair warning, he is a senior citizen and obviously doesn't believe you have a viable solution to his problem. They banned firearms in England and now knives have been banned. Would you rather be shot or stabbed or pummeled to death? Maybe the Progressives should take another look at their Eugenics studies of the early 20th Century. How would you two justify your existence? H-m-m?

Your comment is totally irrelevant to the spree of GUNFIRE that riddled Chicago last week and left eleven persons dead and eighteen wounded FOR NO REASON. Study after study after study has proven that where guns are more AVAILABLE, they are MORE READILY USED.

As for knives, knives are not as statistically lethal as are guns. Crime reports reveal year after year that there is MORE gun violence in the USA than knife
violence...and the killings last week were not by knives, they were by BULLETS shot from GUNS.

So get real, and stick with the topic at hand. Chicago certainly has....Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis has developed a new policy of dealing with this violence, which does not call for abandoning gun control, but rather stricter curfews, more police in troubled neighborhoods, crackdowns on loud parties and noise, targeting cars with expired license plates and tinted windows, etc. Read more here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/04/jody-weis-chicago-police-shootings-homicides-west-side-south-southwest-caps.html">http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... -caps.html</a><!-- m -->

-- WT Reader
F.B.I. crime statistics do not support your assertion.
ClassicalLib17 Wrote:
Quote:Dennis Ista says: Here we call it common sense and reasoning.

It seems so that gunslinging americans prefer to SHOOT first, and MAYBE ask questions later...Dennis_Ista

Dear Dennis, How is that common sense and reasoning working out for your law enforcement agencies in your muslim enclaves, to which your government has abdicated their authority to sharia law?

Sharia law is NOT invoked in my country, and it will never will.