Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Chief Yancey Court testimony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So he searched the house with a gun drawn after his ex-wife asked him to leave? That would make it irrelevant who threw the first punch he was trespassing and armed!

What a circus :lol:

N. Chicago police officer denies attacking chief
April 15, 2010
BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2163082,police-officer-waukegan-attack-sain-041510.article">http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/21630 ... 10.article</a><!-- m -->

North Chicago police officer Carl Sain admitted he broke into his estranged wife’s house and searched it at gunpoint, but denied attacking Waukegan Police Chief Artis Yancey after finding him inside the home.

Sain today told a Lake County jury that Yancey started the June 17, 2009 altercation that resulted in Sain being charged with felony aggravated battery.

“He threw the first punch,” Sain said, testifying in his own defense.

Sain, though, acknowledged he searched the Waukegan house he once shared with his wife until he found Yancey in the master bedroom.

Though stunned and angry, Sain repeatedly insisted he didn't attack Yancey — whom he knew casually.

“You were enraged?” prosecutor Reginald Matthews asked at one point.

“I think any man in this situation would be — yes,” Sain responded.

The confrontation occurred several months after Sain and his wife had separated. But Sain said he still had hopes of reconciling with his spouse, though she had filed for divorce.

The 46-year-old Sain — who just months earlier had been named North Chicago’s “Officer of the Year” by a civic group — faces up to five years in prison if convicted.

He is accused of pummeling Yancey so badly that he broke several bones in the chief's face, requiring him to undergo surgery to repair the damage.

The violent confrontation occurred after Sain came to his estranged wife’s Waukegan home at about 11:30 p.m. — and discovered Yancey inside visiting the woman.

Sain said he quickly recognized Yancey and put his pistol away.

“I immediately lowered my gun and put it in my waistband,” Sain testified, adding: “I was basically shocked. I yelled out his name.”

Yancey, 50, testified earlier this week that an enraged Sain had stuck a gun in his face, then wrestled him to the ground and punched him repeatedly in the face with his fists and the handgun.

Sain denied striking Yancy with the handgun and said he only punched Yancey after he was attacked first.

“He hit me with his left elbow, I grabbed his elbow,” Sain said. “Then he threw a punch at me.”

Yancey and Sheryl Sain both testified earlier that they were casual friends, but weren’t dating.

Carl Sain, though, told jurors that Yancey acknowledged just after their clash that he had started a romantic relationship with Sheryl Sain.

Sain said he went to the home, however, because he was worried his estranged wife hadn’t called him back following an earlier telephone conversation.

“I was concerned,” Sain said.

When he arrived at the darkened house, he looked through a garage door window and saw an unfamiliar car parked in the garage next to his wife’s vehicle — though he recognized it had a municipal license plate.

He rang the doorbell and knocked for several minutes, then when there was no answer he used his handgun to smash a window panel, then reached in and unlocked the door.

As he entered the home, his wife came down the stairs — and ordered him to leave, Sain said.

“She told me to get the f--- out of her house,” Sain said.

Sain was arrested by Waukegan police outside the home.
What a joke. Trespassing! Are you really serious! You are truly a retard. I believe the house is his also, until the court decides that the house belongs to his wife, he has every right to be at his house too. We don't know what conversation took place between his wife and him earlier, maybe she said it was ok for him to come by to pick something up, we don't know. When people are caught " red handed" they tend to react in way that they normally don't react. Obviously she yelled at Sain to get out of the house because she knew she was caught. Yancy was also caught with his pants down in the closet. What a joke of a police department the city has. I thought the police Chief was supposed to be so "smart" the top cop. The man can't make a decision without using his pecker, obviously he can't fight, and we know he made a total a$$ out of himself and the Waukegan Police Department because he can't even do the simplest task as a police officer, and that is testify without screwing that all up.
I would not put it past Sain to sue the city of Waukegan. Many of you may say, Yancy was off duty. We'll I believe department policy states that when you are using a department vehicle you must have your police radio and weapon on you, even when you are off duty. So think about it, Yancy was banging this chick while "on duty", I believe an officer recently was arrested and charged with Official Misconduct and sentenced to jail time!!! Yancy may be a "victim" in the a$$ whooping he got, but he's the offender in the "Official Misconduct". How is that going to be handled? I say replace Yancy with someone with a little more integrity.
Corndog, it's obvious you think Yancey is not fit to be chief. Who do you think should be chief?
Hey Dog--you sound jealous :lol:
corndog Wrote:Trespassing! Are you really serious! You are truly a retard.

I dont think I am :lol: , but breaking a window to open a locked door and then not leaving when you ex wife yells at you to leave, kinda sounds like your trespassing maybe not in the legal sense. I dont know who owns the home, if there was restraining order or how far into the divorce ect.. ect. but an officer on the scene would have booted that guy out he had no business there but to cause trouble.

Get past the moral dilemma and any corruption in the Yancey's force, Im strictly commenting on Sain's testimony. He obviously knew his wife safety wasn't in jeopardy and was actively searching for the other man.
I was talking to Corndog Wink Was that his woman, ALSO??? Corndog, just having a little fun.