Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Appreciate the bat!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Admin,
I wonder if the cool bat in a locked thread was an American made, Louisville Slugger? I thought it was a nice touch! Forums such as these are anonymous, though I gladly sign my name!
Shawn
Snoopy Wrote:Dear Admin,
I wonder if the cool bat in a locked thread was an American made, Louisville Slugger? I thought it was a nice touch! Forums such as these are anonymous, though I gladly sign my name!
Shawn
At least it's a good old wood bat. Speaking of American made bats, I remember how terrible the cheap Japanese bats and gloves were when I was a kid. That bat looks like a good old Hillerich and Bradsby "Powerized" Louisville Slugger.
I sign my name also... Danno.
Danno Wrote:
Shawn
At least it's a good old wood bat. Speaking of American made bats, I remember how terrible the cheap Japanese bats and gloves were when I was a kid. That bat looks like a good old Hillerich and Bradsby "Powerized" Louisville Slugger.

Funny Danno... I delivered newspapers to buy my first new glove. (News Sun) & (Wilson A2004) I got a kick out of this and had some fun tonight, thanks!
Snoopy Wrote:
Danno Wrote:
Shawn

Funny Danno... I delivered newspapers to buy my first new glove. (News Sun) & (Wilson A2004) I got a kick out of this and had some fun tonight, thanks!
I had a Lefty Gomez A2004 (early 1960's) not long ago. I sold it to a collector. A2000's were pretty expensive new. I remember about $50 back in the early 1970's. The old ones are worth quite a bit today. Wish I still had mine.... long gone.
Bought my first new glove over at Grand Sporting Goods.