Waukegan Talk

Full Version: WRKS-Where's Libby Collins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good morning all!

Anyone know the story about where Libby Collins has gone? She has not been hosting the morning show on WKRS for days now, I understand the station has a new Program Director (Jason Cornell) and their website is "under construction."

...Oh, and now I hear Lenny Palmer is broadcasting from Kenosha, but it's being broadcasted on WKRS from 8-12.

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks!
Grover Wrote:Anyone know what's up?

Thanks!

Libby was fired.
That's a step in the right direction. I hope they replace her with someone who is knowledgable about local issues.
Why would WKRS fire Libby Collins? She has been THERE forever. Does anyone know what really happened?
Carmelita...exactly what was said. She was fired. It was not her decision to leave but management's decision for her to leave aka "fired"
justwondering Wrote:Carmelita...exactly what was said. She was fired. It was not her decision to leave but management's decision for her to leave aka "fired"

Exactly! The decision came out of Next Media's corporate headquarters in Denver.
TypesWithFist Wrote:
justwondering Wrote:Carmelita...exactly what was said. She was fired. It was not her decision to leave but management's decision for her to leave aka "fired"

Exactly! The decision came out of Next Media's corporate headquarters in Denver.
And Libby came out of Indiana just like pus comes out of a boil. Tongue
I speak and read English. I know what "fire" means. Does anyone know WHY Libby was fired?
Collins Exits WKRS
CHICAGOLAND RADIO AND MEDIA also reports that NEXTMEDIA Talk WKRS-A/WAUKEGAN morning host and PD LIBBY COLLINS has exited that station after over six years there.
I could tolerate Libby if the topic was interesting. Other times I could not tolerate her. I know I cannot tolerate the new morning crew at all. What a couple of morons.

Anyways, this from Bill Swecker's online blog...

Libby Collins has been forced out after seven years as morning personality and program director at Waukegan-based news/talk WKRS-AM (1220). The move came two weeks after parent company NextMedia Group filed for bankruptcy protection. “It’s been a tremendous pleasure serving the audience in Lake County on WKRS — and before that throughout the northwest suburbs on WAIT,” Collins said, noting the Silver Dome Award for Station of the Year she won from the Illinois Broadcasters Association in 2008. “It was an honor to be able to receive statewide recognition for what we accomplished at a 1,000-watt radio station broadcasting in the shadow of Chicago.”

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/109...homas-more
Pages: 1 2