Waukegan Talk

Full Version: News Sun: we need a better local news source.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a blurb on the front page of the News Sun website, today 9/24/09:

[Image: 3950425351_1dbf56602e_o.jpg]

The News Sun is not serving Waukegan well. The journalism is sloppy, and apparently proofing is a low priority.
That is pretty bad.
I guess the editor never heard of spell check.
I've seen a lot of errors and ommissions in the News Sun and it seems that they never do in depth or follow up reporting and are biased.
Maybe they just 'moonlight' at the News-Sun after getting off work at the Post Office. It may be Kelly's mailman!!! :o :lol:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://wauktalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=707">viewtopic.php?f=7&t=707</a><!-- l -->
Does he have gray/grey hair? Big Grin
Blackdiamond Wrote:Does he have gray/grey hair? Big Grin

Now THAT'S the BD we all know and love!!!! :lol:
AMEN
there's a good one in talk of the county today
these people could use a third grade language arts text book

..."It's that they are to loud, and that they are distrubing the others in the restaurant. Why can't you understand that? They are too loud."
Oh goodie. The grammar police.
jazmin, perhaps the manner police could show up.

i personally don't think it is out of line for people to expect their local paper to have a working knowledge of basic writing skills.

save your energy, there is no need for additional negative comments.
The news sun recently reported that Michael Bond is a 'State Representative' and that a shooting occured on Waukegan's near NORTH Side on SOUTH Ridgeland Ave.

Bond is a State Senator and Ridglenad Ave. runs East and West.

I think the newspapers still have proof readers and editors but maybe journalism is just a dying artform.

You'd think that jouranlists could do better.
Pages: 1 2