Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Waukegan Post Office - can they read?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For the past couple of months, I have routinely received mail that is addressed to my neighbors. Almost every day I receive at least 1 piece of mail that has an address different from mine. There have been some days when I have received mail belonging to 5 different addresses on my street!!! My neighbors also receive mail belonging to multiple addresses, and we're always exchanging mail.

How hard is it to match up the address on the envelope to the address on the door?

I have tried to call 800-ASK-USPS, but their "interactive" menu doesn't have an option for complaints. The few times I've gotten to a live person, I get disconnected as soon as they promise to transfer me to someone who can help me.

I have tried to call the Waukegan Post Office but the number is always busy.

I have driven to the post office on Genesee Street to complain in person on multiple occasions, and yet my neighbors and I still get each others' mail several times a week. To be honest, it seems like the people in charge just don't give a damn.
Every time that happens to me it makes me wonder how much of my mail is going to other people by mistake... people who may not be as conscientious as some of us.... people who will open it and then throw it away.
Yea, I know there are things that have been sent to me that I never received. I wonder who got them.
My current mailman is quite good. Prior to him we also had a lot of problems; so many that I converted everything I could to online statements and for my business I set up a central drop off location for payments. At least one check a month would disappear.

The people who staff the counter at the main post office are very pleasant and efficient. I've not had the occasion to speak to the postmaster.
Several years ago I had problems with mail delivery. My solution was to open a PO box, and have my mailed forwarded to the box, instead of being delivered to my home. Yes, it was not as convenient as going to the mailbox at home and getting my mail, but knowing my mail was secure made the trade-off worth it. I did not change addresses with anyone or any business I had dealings with, only had it forwarded. I hate to be cynical, but the thought of my mail going to someone else is frightening. Not everyone is honest, and there individuals that may actually steal from mail that is misdirected to them. There are also instances of mail being stolen right out mailboxes, and that information being used for identity theft. I am typically a trusting person, so to go through the measures I did at the time was a big deal for me.
Yep - not possible yet to get all correspondence switched over to electronic delivery. Very scary indeed to think of our information being delivered to the deadbeats a few doors down!!!! :evil:
I think it's all about expectations, maybe because of the broken window effect too. I have a feeling that such incompetence is less likely in more affluent areas. Same with crooked sidewalks, litter and the mess from grafitti. The incompentents and the a-hoes will take what is given to them. Veolia leaves a mess behind with stuff flying out of cans as they empty them and stuff flying out of trucks as they drive down the street. Their attitude must be "this is just shithole Waukegan so who cares. That attitide wouldn't prevail if our so called leaders would have higher expectations. The aldermen do nothing to help. Oh, they may occasionally say something but they do nothing of substance. They are just a bunch of incompetent jackoffs themselves who are the willing beneficiaries of low expectations.
in every place i've ever lived i've only had this problem a few times. my solution for dealing with mail, garbagemen, paper delivery, etc is to TIP early in the relationship and always at the holidays. i have a great mailman, the garbagemen always take my extra stuff and my paper is on my porch each and every day. my paper guy even rearranged his route to get my paper to me VERY, VERY early.

some prefer beer, some baked goods and some cold hard cash - but i'll never tell who gets what. try it.
Ditto here. We have gotten other people's mail. I just put it back in the mailbox to be picked up.

But yeah, I often wonder where some of my mail has ended up. Do others just trash it? Did my sweepstakes winnings go to someone else? Confusedhock:
That's a sad commentary if you *have* to tip the mail delivery person in order to get your own mail and not the mail of 4 of your neighbors. Perhaps they didn't tip either and that's why I got all their mail?
Pages: 1 2