Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Lock down at Warren?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard that Warren is on lock-down from this am due to a gone being found ....
yes, an unloaded gun.
Anyone who thinks warren is any better than Wkgn is sorely mistaken,
Based on what I have read here about how disorganized the start of the school year went in Waukegan, I shutter to think how Waukegan would have handled the gun incident. Especially since just a week before there was an attempted child abduction near the school and nothing was done.

The Warren event was handled well. The kids cooperated, were calm and were allowed to call home to inform parents before the automated message went out to the emergency contacts. Thanks to an observant secutiry guard who was was actually patrolling the halls, the suspicious behavior of a few boys lead to the discover of the gun and the arrents of the boys. It was a very scary situation but I give credit to WTHS for keeping it under control and providing prompt communication to the students and families.

Are there disruptive, dangerous kids at both Warren and Waukegan, yes. But there is also big difference in how the school are run.