Waukegan Talk

Full Version: high school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
no comments on the mess?????? some of it unavoidable, but most should have been anticipated and planned for.
eliza Wrote:no comments on the mess?????? some of it unavoidable, but most should have been anticipated and planned for.

Can you describe what happened? What was the 'mess?'

I'm very VERY interested in finding out. Part of why my family will stay here/move out/or seek private education depends on what happens at the high school.
System is good. The two campuses is exactly what the town needed. Now on the other hand the Principal?????
fedupinwaukegan Wrote:
eliza Wrote:no comments on the mess?????? some of it unavoidable, but most should have been anticipated and planned for.

Can you describe what happened? What was the 'mess?'

I'm very VERY interested in finding out. Part of why my family will stay here/move out/or seek private education depends on what happens at the high school.

Fedup,
With the exception of zero hour waiting in the rain because all of the students were going through the Junior doors with one working metal detector, I have heard nothing but great things from children about the transition back to the two campuses. I believe kudos are deserved for everyone involved. Certainly everyone will not feel the same, but the houses and the ability to communicate with a person/people about the problems of schedules, etc. In my humble opinion, gives us parents a more efficient way to get things straightened out. Thanks house 7 and Ms. Vega!
I remain optimistic about the change, fedup. I believe it will work.
Shawn White
what the school needs is two separate high schools.

your daughter is probably one of maybe 75 kids whose lives are okay-MY daughter still has only five periods filled, my nephew has only three classes, the buses leave without the kids or drop the kids off at the wrong door, classes are filled to overflowing, with kids hanging out into the hall or sitting on the floor, many of the administrators are downright rude to everyone, seniors who need certain credits to graduate aren't in the necessary classes, no lockers-but that's okay because the kids don't have all their books-I heard many classes don't have classrooms. They could have anticipated and avoided lots of these. Heads should (but won't) roll
Eliza,
Have you spoken with the house principal? If this person didn't give you an answer, how about the High School principal? If he hasn't, keep working up until your concerns are addressed. I know I do.
I had a great conversation with Dr. Steve Hamlin today. He addressed some very important concerns of mine with both professionalism and eloquence. I really do appreciate the conversation we shared, as well as the time he spent addressing my concerns. There is a monumental task in front of this district. I know it will not be fixed overnight. I learned today, that unless people have not been enlightened to a problem, they will not always realize it was broken in the first place.
To those of you I included in a real problem of district matters, I want to thank you for the promptness of your reply, and plan of action to resolve it.
Shawn White
(224) 381-2834
Without question the worst start to the school year since the combination of the schools. Ask your children if they have any friends that still have locker or schedule issues. Go to the open house this Thursday night and ask the teachers to be honest about how the school year began. Ask the teachers when they received their class lists. It is my opinion that the fact that our teachers and students have been able to adapt to the nightmare that awaited many of them is a testament to the resilience of the faculty and the students and they are to be commended.
Snoopy Wrote:I had a great conversation with Dr. Steve Hamlin today. He addressed some very important concerns of mine with both professionalism and eloquence. I really do appreciate the conversation we shared, as well as the time he spent addressing my concerns. There is a monumental task in front of this district. I know it will not be fixed overnight. I learned today, that unless people have not been enlightened to a problem, they will not always realize it was broken in the first place.
To those of you I included in a real problem of district matters, I want to thank you for the promptness of your reply, and plan of action to resolve it.
Shawn White
(224) 381-2834

Hi Snoop(my favorite Peanuts character by the way),

I am curious, was there any substance to his replies or were you too mezmerized by the professionalism and eloquence to notice?
Pages: 1 2