Waukegan Talk

Full Version: How Come?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why aren't a lot of you not participating on this nice Forum? I can't believe no one is even talking about Baseball. I've done the best I can to talk about something, to generate a little interest. Granted, probably what I write about is boring or doesn't make sense, etc. It seems as if you can't berate, or be downrght nasty, "mum's" the word. I hope more people participate--not necessarily about anything I've written, but talk about SOMETHING. Maybe some folks don't like my Postings and I should back off--NO WAY SUCKA! I'm here to stay (as long as my Oxygen keeps working) Wink PEACE!
Hi BD! I don't know about everyone else, but I've been extremely busy this summer. (also been going out of town alot) Now that school is starting, I'll be around more often, just don't know if the 'busy-ness' will slow down though! Don't you go anywhere...keep posting, I like what you have to say!! Wink
Thanks-- Tongue
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to give an update on my struggle with cancer. I have been on Tarceva which is a pill form of chemo. I had a P.E.T. scan and one of the cells has grown a little. Its a blessing from God because the cells are stabalized--so now my doctor wants to put me on chemo via IV. I told him I would do whatever he suggested because I believe that God is instructing him. He said the cancer would never go away, but hopefully the cell(s) would shrink. I told him I was hopeful and he said I should be. I already had an appointment to see him Friday but he called me at home last night. He's a very caring person. I have been sick and have had no appetite (which is definitely not a good thing). I had chemo in 03, however I still ended up with 3 lung surgeries after that. Whether you believe in God or not, he has the FINAL SAY---I will give you my progress report because I believe it will be a progress. CU Wink
Thanks for the update BlackDiamond. I do think of you often and wonder how you're doing with treating the cancer. Prayers & good wishes are headed your way!
I do believe God can do all things and I know he will continue to help you through this.
There are so many standing in your corner as you fight this fight, and the Great Physician, with whom I sense you have always been close, is at your side.
newton Wrote:There are so many standing in your corner as you fight this fight, and the Great Physician, with whom I sense you have always been close, is at your side.

Well said.

Been wondering how you are. Good to hear your update. If ever there was fighter it is you kid!!! Big Grin
My eyes are welled up with tears but I want to thank you dear friends for your words of encouragement. I will continue to Post--God IS GOOD.
Well, I start on the Chemo on 18 Sep, and every 3 weeks afterwards. Hopefully the cancer cells will shrink. My Doctor gave me a hug and that made me feel like I was REALLY SOMEBODY. Big Grin I will be busy this Month. On the 14th I go for "teaching", get the chemo on the 18th, and follow-up with the Doc on the 25th. whew! He decided not to give me steriods because of my diabetes---I would have to test my blood sugars several times a day. Ouch! Well, talk at YALL later.
You're in my thoughts and prayers. As my youngest son would say, "Open up a can of whoopin' butts on that cancer!" (he's not allowed to say "open up a can of whoopass"...).

Send me a PM if you need anything. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3