Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Thinking about the 6th ward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe it's time to start thinking about the 6th ward. Tenpas is being a hinderance to progress. He needs to go. Who would be a good candidate for alderman. I have a strong feeling there will be a formidable opposing force directed at Tenpas this next time around. I know it's still early but the time for planting seeds is here.
I believe that when a person who's working, has money in the Bank, and reaches OLD AGE--they should give up the ghost and let some young blood in. Enjoy the rest of the years of life YOU MIGHT HAVE.
My wife just told me she heard that Mayor Bob wants to bring a grand prix car race to Waukegan. The cost that she heard for this event is in the neighborhood of 1.2 million dollars. What?? What is he thinking? She also heard that he is looking into bringing wind turbines to the lakefront for energy for the city. The cost for this will be astronomical and the noise associated with it will have the residenst in an uproar. Why doesn't Mayor Bob focus on doing one thing and doing it right. It seems he is all over the place with his ideas. We need leadership not someone tiltling at windmills, literally. Its time for the residents to speak out before the backward spiral this city is in cannot be reversed.
not sure how a "grand prix" and "wind turbines" fit into a posting labeled, "6th ward". let's try and stay focused on the topic.

discussing events is a worthy topic - how about a new thread?
We have a "chit chat" thread--talk about anything Wink
stargazer4082 Wrote:My wife just told me she heard that Mayor Bob wants to bring a grand prix car race to Waukegan. The cost that she heard for this event is in the neighborhood of 1.2 million dollars. What?? What is he thinking? She also heard that he is looking into bringing wind turbines to the lakefront for energy for the city. The cost for this will be astronomical and the noise associated with it will have the residenst in an uproar. Why doesn't Mayor Bob focus on doing one thing and doing it right. It seems he is all over the place with his ideas. We need leadership not someone tiltling at windmills, literally. Its time for the residents to speak out before the backward spiral this city is in cannot be reversed.
In case you didn't notice, this thread is about Larry Tenpas.
i personally have NO beef with Larry, but i have heard a few names being tossed around. time will tell.
fintan1010 Wrote:i personally have NO beef with Larry,

new in town, huh?
JazminH Wrote:
fintan1010 Wrote:i personally have NO beef with Larry,

new in town, huh?

Tenpas confrontational hot head say it ain't so... :lol: He's been an elected official forever despite his attitude problem.

-2003 Allegedly attacked a uniformed safety officer because he looked like "hispanic" someone from a hit and run he was reporting at the police station.

-July 1994 he was charged with battery at the Gurnee Cinema by two
teenagers he said were talking too loud. After a two-day trial, he was
found not guilty.

-April 1993, a North Chicago man said TenPas "bellybumped" him away from
then-Gov. Jim Edgar. No charges were ever filed.

-April 1983, then-Mayor Bill Morris accused TenPas of shoving him in
City Hall during an argument over document-copying. TenPas said Morris had
swore at him and grabbed his tie. TenPas took a lie detector test to back
up his version.

-April 1979, a Gurnee 16-year-old accused TenPas of chasing him on
Fourth Street, grabbing him in a wrestling hold and punching him about the
face. TenPas blamed a carload of teens which had flashed an obscene
gesture at him. No criminal charges were filed, but the teen filed a civil
lawsuit, which was settled out of court for $3,000.

-June 1967, a 20-year-old Zion man charged TenPas with assault and
battery following a scuffle outside Lincoln School, while TenPas was a
hall monitor. TenPas said it started when he told the man to turn down his
car stereo. Charges against TenPas were dismissed, while a charge of
disorderly conduct against the other man were upheld.
Does anyone know the outcome of the 2003 incident. Wasn't a civil suit filed against Tenpas in that one?
Pages: 1 2