Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Michael Jackson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm a little confused. Right now on all of the cable news networks they are carrying on about the death of Michael Jackson. They are showing tributes to him from friends and family. On Fox right now they are comparing the death of Jackson to the death of Princess Di and even JFK. Nothing but kind of wonderful memories of the king of pop.

Is this the same Michael Jackson who is a pedophile? Is this the same person who paid off the complainants in all of his charges of criminal sexual assault of little children?

It's true, the media determines what people should think. Talk about revisionist reporting.
Yes, we all know about the things he has done, but Michael Jackson is essentially the Elvis of his time! He changed music in so many ways! His dancing, songs, videos, etc! World wide, he might have even been larger than Elvis! And look at Elvis, a drug addict himself and also a pedophile as he was dating and even married his wife when she was very young and not of legal age! MJ was an icon! Let's not focus on the negatives as he is no longer here! Kennedy had his negatives as did Princess Di! Let them all rest in peace!
I've always thought of the Jackson Five as cute kids, being old enough to have been their Mother. (In other words I wasn't screaming or writhing on the floor). His Manager was just on CNN and said its too bad that the public doesn't know that Michael was found NOT GUILTY. The News Sun's caption was "he fell from the Throne"---I thought that was very disrespectful--he didn't fall, he died. His death will give a lot of people something to talk about-the news media, etc., so evidently he was SOMEBODY! When we (unknown folks) die, there'll just be a short notice in an Obiturary. I feel so sorry for his Mother. A woman told me that it was harder for her to bury her child than to bury her parents. Sad
Michael was a fabulous performer, and a very gentle soul. I loved his music. Might not have always agreed with his actions (I mean come on -- he married Lisa Marie!) but I believe he was a beautiful person. One of my all time favorite MJ songs will always be Man in the Mirror. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways, If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make a change" Its way too easy to point fingers of blame... we all need to look in that mirror once in a while - just for a check up!
Michael's music will live on forever and I for one, am glad of it!
goodintentions Wrote:Michael was a fabulous performer, and a very gentle soul. I loved his music. Might not have always agreed with his actions (I mean come on -- he married Lisa Marie!) but I believe he was a beautiful person. One of my all time favorite MJ songs will always be Man in the Mirror. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways, If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make a change" Its way too easy to point fingers of blame... we all need to look in that mirror once in a while - just for a check up!

You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love, Ill be there

Ill reach out my hand to you,
Ill have faith in all you do
Just call my name and Ill be there

Chorus:
And oh - Ill be there to comfort you,
Build my world of dreams around you
Im so glad that I found you
Ill be there with a love thats strong
Ill be your strength, Ill keep holding on
Yes I will, yes I will

Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter
Togetherness, well thats all Im after
Whenever you need me, Ill be there
Ill be there to protect you
With an unselfish love I respect you
Just call my name and Ill be there

(chorus)

If you should ever find someone new
I know hed better be good to you
cos if he doesnt, Ill be there

Dont you know, baby, yeah yeah
Ill be there, Ill be there, just call my name, Ill be there

(just look over your shoulders, honey - ooh)

Ill be there, Ill be there, whenever you need me, Ill be there

Dont you know, baby, yeah yeah
Ill be there, Ill be there, just call my name, Ill be there...
Danno, I love you---I didn't cry for Michael, but YOU MADE ME CRY. I never paid much attention to the words to that song. Thanks for printing it out. I think his Father did something to him when he was a chld. He's an evil-looking man. I think that Michael was a poor tortued soul, and now he's at rest. Didn't Michael write a book about his childhood?
TeacherThoughts Wrote:Yes, we all know about the things he has done, but Michael Jackson is essentially the Elvis of his time! He changed music in so many ways! His dancing, songs, videos, etc! World wide, he might have even been larger than Elvis! And look at Elvis, a drug addict himself and also a pedophile as he was dating and even married his wife when she was very young and not of legal age! MJ was an icon! Let's not focus on the negatives as he is no longer here! Kennedy had his negatives as did Princess Di! Let them all rest in peace!

This isn't about Elvis - apples and oranges. (Elvis didn't marry Prisilla until she was 22 - she did not live with him(but with his parents while in this country and never laid down with him until she was married to him - but again it's not about Elvis)

Michael Jackson when he was 40 years old used to sleep with small boys in his bed. When asked about this in an interview Michael said "I just wanted to share the love". Oh my God. If that was anyone but Michael that person would be buried so deep you would never find the remains.

I hear and hear about his music. And although it really wasn't my cup of tea I will admit he was a super star with good music but later in his life he just "turned" into a wacko.

I keep hearing "but you have to celebrate his music". Fine, but do we celebrate John Wayne Gacy's life when he used to be a clown and entertained children? Do we celebrate Hitler because he was a decent artist? You can still like his music ( I kinda liked "Thriller") but you don't make him out a saint when he dies. He was a troubled person and that is one thing but when you molest little children that is crossing the line. He was a monster.

Sorry if I don't lose much sleep over his passing.
Sorry, I have to post this because 1, it is funny and 2 - it sounds like justice.

Coincidence?

Just before Farrah passed away an angel came to her and said "soon you will be with your lord. God wants to know if there is any earthly bound request before you pass"

Farrah just said "Yes, I just want my children to be safe when I am gone" The angel said "ok, I will inform God of your request"

1 hour later Michael Jackson died.
Danno Wrote:
goodintentions Wrote:Michael was a fabulous performer, and a very gentle soul. I loved his music. Might not have always agreed with his actions (I mean come on -- he married Lisa Marie!) but I believe he was a beautiful person. One of my all time favorite MJ songs will always be Man in the Mirror. "I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways, If you want to make the world a better place, just look at yourself and make a change" Its way too easy to point fingers of blame... we all need to look in that mirror once in a while - just for a check up!

You and I must make a pact
We must bring salvation back
Where there is love, Ill be there...

That song was written by Berry Gordy, Bob West, Hal Davis, and Willie Hutch, and yes Michael did it the best when he was a little tyke in the Jackson 5 but Michael didn't write it. They are not his words or music.

Look, All I am doing is pointing out the hypocrisy of making this man out as a saint. I just can't believe they are making this guy out to be like Mother Theresa or something.
I know this isn't about Elvis, but it's not apples and oranges!

They are both music icons! They changed music during their time! Perhaps the 2 largest acts off all time!
They both also had their problems! And their problems shouldn't take away from what they both did!
But since your the one who called MJ a pedophile...........
Sure MJ was accused of molesting young boys! But he was not found guilty! Although the signs point that he did things, it was never proven!
As for Elvis, he was 24 and Pricilla was 14 when they met! Most likely they didn't stay away from having sex for 4 years! So it's not apples and oranges as Elvis was with someone under the age as well! He could of been arrested and accused like MJ! Whether it's boy's or girls, shouldn't matter as people should be able to be interested in whoever they want!

With this said..........I respect your opinions! And to be honest, I also feel that something did happen with MJ and kids! But still people will probably remember him more so for his music, dancing and creativity!! Let it be!
Pages: 1 2 3