Waukegan Talk

Full Version: WOW: Tensions rise over Schuler Scholar Program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
fedupinwaukegan Wrote:There are some very interesting comments at the link.... Confusedhock:

Thank you for the "heads up" Fedup. A certain sissy boy/girl wants to use my name in arguements elsewhere but lacks the courage to let me know? The Cowardly Lion needs a heart. Where is the great OZ when you need him? Oh, thats right, behind a curtain of a screen name.
I answered a no-name coward there.
You got it right, Sunny. The program is tremendous if one can stand the test of determination. They have been absolutely wonderful to my daughter, going to college for a month in July on their dime, and she's a sophmore.
I am interested in seeing how this "ethics investigation" plays out. One of the two are lying, and methinks one of the two had no reason to lie.

"We need to make sure we can provide the right level of support and properly prepare them so they can go on to be successful in college," Browdy said.
Damn her and the entire foundation for trying to do something good for kids of WPS60 that want something better? They have got to be evil!

Shawn White
(224) 381-2834
I have reported what I believe are personal attacks on the other site to the other site.
I have reported what I believe are personal attacks on this site to this site.

I did not make the comments on the other site, neither did my family and we do not know who did.
I have posted this in the comments at the News Sun website and I will post them here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/1595729,5_1_WA28_WAUSCBRD_S1-090528.article">http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... 28.article</a><!-- m -->

Quote: kellyann1293 wrote:
Mr/Ms Nose: I have had several serious health issues come up within my family in the past year. As a reasonable person might imagine, family duties overshadow local politics. I've missed many meetings and had to break many personal commitments as a result of these issues. It's hard to keep up with this stuff while parked at a relatives' house in rural Wisconsin, or when holding down the fort over at Vista East. Another person in COSLA recently lost a spouse; others of us also have had issues crop up. But go ahead, keep taking potshots. I can handle it.
Oh and BTW - Ms. Jedkins is not currently involved in COSLA affairs and hasn't been since she, Garza, and Hawn formed a slate and ran for school board. Yes, she is friends with many folks in COSLA; yes, I talk with her sometimes and (gasp!) even have coffee with her. What a scandal.

So go ahead and take your potshots at me. I'll read them later if I have time - I'm kinda busy these days. :!:
Snoopy Wrote:
fedupinwaukegan Wrote:There are some very interesting comments at the link.... Confusedhock:

Thank you for the "heads up" Fedup. A certain sissy boy/girl wants to use my name in arguements elsewhere but lacks the courage to let me know? The Cowardly Lion needs a heart. Where is the great OZ when you need him? Oh, thats right, behind a curtain of a screen name.

Shawn White
(224) 381-2834

Who are you talking about? Just say it!
freedomisntfree Wrote:
Snoopy Wrote:

Shawn White
(224) 381-2834

Why would you attack me for a post? I am so offended here. I made no mention of you as though you may think you were important to me. Admin, could you please stop the trolling this person does in defense of a personal friend of mine? This guy continually trolls my coments to spin something for the past eight or so monthes. Please, admin, when is enough, enough? I am just a kind hearted man that won't let people ambush them for their own financial gain, though I do not think a lawsuit would prove beneficial. A peace loving guy, such as myself, can no longer stand to the attempts to"take your ball and go home" mentality. I am involved with Girls Softball in Waukegan going on 10 years. I am challenged by way more intelligent young ladies, everyday, than you. I'm sorry, that was not a personal attack, I just have some very bright players that I happen to coach. Go ahead and continue to troll, I am obviously way more important to you, than you are to me.
Perhaps you and your alledged following might actually get to know the people that were elected, rather than attack those you have never met or had an intelligent conversation with? I agree to disagree with you. I am from the school if you attack my friend, you are attacking me. Your feeble attacks are without merit. Great arguments about the DA and Board in concert with each other. You are grasping at straws with that argument. Good luck and God Bless.

Shawn White
224-381-2834
Feel free Anytime, Anyplace,Anywhere to discuss. Airborne!
I just asked who you were referring to. Just tell us or how will anyone know what or who you are referring to. I'd just like to understand your post.
roxanneswanson wrote:
Had he come to us with his concerns, we would have told him to contact the State's Attorney's Office

Ms. Swanson,

You may want to consult with the rest of your COSLA members. Your statement above is factually incorrect for several reasons. First, I did come to COSLA - I have the emails. I also came to COSLA via this public forum. Second, after coming to COSLA, you were going to meet with me. Three of you in fact. Although, you would never set the date for the meeting. Third, my reason for reporting the actions of the administration to the State's Attorney office was due to the pending cases for Williams and Artley. I thought that the DA would be interested in the administration forging and falsifying timesheets when charges were pending against two, now found innocent, employees of the district involved timesheets supplied by the very same administration. When that seemed to fail, I thought that citizens of this town would be interested in justice. But noone came forward.

Although, I wasn't involved in or consulted by whoever wrote the messages on the paper's website, I agree with many of their comments. For example, I agree that corruption involving the administration, board or board's attorney wether it involves allegations of wrongding involving time sheets, violations of law or a foundation's report of alleged wrongdoing or unethical behaviour IS part of the same large serious problem with the school. So is lying to the SA and the Illinois Attorney General but again why would anyone care about that?

Everyone KNOWS that the school is plagued by corruption, wrongdoing, incompetence, unprofessional behavior and very sad results for our children. BUT not if it involves anyone on the current board, board attorney or the administration that they know, or drink with, or went to school with or work with, etc, etc.

While they continue with their corrupt ways, everyone on this board that professes to have their children's interest, the interest of the community and fellow taxpayers in mind continues to argue amongst ourselves rather then working together in our common interest and investigating all of these reports matter of factly. I'm sure that the board, board attorney and administration are laughing so hard at all of us - they hurt.
Snoopy Wrote:
freedomisntfree Wrote:
Snoopy Wrote:

Shawn White
(224) 381-2834

Why would you attack me for a post? I am so offended here. I made no mention of you as though you may think you were important to me. Admin, could you please stop the trolling this person does in defense of a personal friend of mine? This guy continually trolls my coments to spin something for the past eight or so monthes. Please, admin, when is enough, enough? I am just a kind hearted man that won't let people ambush them for their own financial gain, though I do not think a lawsuit would prove beneficial. A peace loving guy, such as myself, can no longer stand to the attempts to"take your ball and go home" mentality. I am involved with Girls Softball in Waukegan going on 10 years. I am challenged by way more intelligent young ladies, everyday, than you. I'm sorry, that was not a personal attack, I just have some very bright players that I happen to coach. Go ahead and continue to troll, I am obviously way more important to you, than you are to me.
Perhaps you and your alledged following might actually get to know the people that were elected, rather than attack those you have never met or had an intelligent conversation with? I agree to disagree with you. I am from the school if you attack my friend, you are attacking me. Your feeble attacks are without merit. Great arguments about the DA and Board in concert with each other. You are grasping at straws with that argument. Good luck and God Bless.

Shawn White
224-381-2834
Feel free Anytime, Anyplace,Anywhere to discuss. Airborne!

Enough out of the both of you. You're acting like children and it's time for the back and forth to stop.

Ron, if you don't like how I respond to your reports, you're more than welcome to leave. Otherwise, when I close a report it's a dead issue - just because you might not like the response I give, doesn't mean you get to play CSI:Wauktalk.com.

The next jab from either of you will get you both a trip to the penalty box.
The news report stated that "Hawn, the only member to vote in favor of a charter last December, accuses Hanna of leaking information discussed in executive session." If true, Hanna isn't the first to be accused of leaking information. I've already accused the new Board President Michael Rodriquez of allegdly doing the same thing. Today, I saw another instance of someone putting confidential information on a newspaper website.

Quote:nickter wrote:
It is my opinion that Mr. Sartin is only interested in getting even with the school board because they fired his wife because she thought she should be able to not come to work and get paid for it.

Katherine applied for and was put on FMLA by the school district. The above information is supposed to be private information because what he is talking about is paid earned sick leave under the FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE ACT a Federal Right. All of this type of information is supposed to be kept in a seperate folder from even regular personnel records. And only those that absolutely need to know anything about this confidential information are supposed to have access to it. Remember it's a FEDERAL RIGHT.

Then how does it end up in the hands of "nickter" and posted on another website? If the administration, board attorney and board are doing their job, then how does it happen? I ask that Board President Michael Rodriquez contact me about this continuing leak of information guaranteed to be private under Federal Law and tell me how it happened, what he has done to prevent it, who leaked the information and deliver a formal apology to Katherine.
freedomisntfree Wrote:The news report stated that "Hawn, the only member to vote in favor of a charter last December, accuses Hanna of leaking information discussed in executive session." If true, Hanna isn't the first to be accused of leaking information. I've already accused the new Board President Michael Rodriquez of allegdly doing the same thing. Today, I saw another instance of someone putting confidential information on a newspaper website.

Quote:nickter wrote:
It is my opinion that Mr. Sartin is only interested in getting even with the school board because they fired his wife because she thought she should be able to not come to work and get paid for it.

Katherine applied for and was put on FMLA by the school district. The above information is supposed to be private information because what he is talking about is paid earned sick leave under the FAMILY MEDICAL LEAVE ACT a Federal Right. All of this type of information is supposed to be kept in a seperate folder from even regular personnel records. And only those that absolutely need to know anything about this confidential information are supposed to have access to it. Remember it's a FEDERAL RIGHT.

Then how does it end up in the hands of "nickter" and posted on another website? If the administration, board attorney and board are doing their job, then how does it happen? I ask that Board President Michael Rodriquez contact me about this continuing leak of information guaranteed to be private under Federal Law and tell me how it happened, what he has done to prevent it, who leaked the information and deliver a formal apology to Katherine.

You're the one that told the entire world that your wife was on FMLA so sue your own self!

"I met with Gaudin twice and he confirmed the criminal activity. Katherine and I met with Luosa and he confirmed the criminal activity. Batiste told Katherine and I in a meeting that he was going to have her restored to her position under FMLA as that was her Federal Right. In a second meeting with the board attorney Morris and Batiste, Morris representing the board, initially tried to act as if no laws had been broken. That didn't work and Batiste offered a cash settlement of $100,000 to walk away and drop the claims. When that didn't work and I insisted on full restoration under FMLA, Batiste stated that he had to go to the board and Morris spoke up and stated the two of them needed to speak first. A couple of weeks later, Batiste tried to go backwards on all of Gaudin's, Luosa's and his full admissions of criminal wrongdoing."
Pages: 1 2