Waukegan Talk

Full Version: What the board is responsible for
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Teachers running for the exits!
Hallway violence!
The worst teaching/learning enviornment in the entire state of Illinois!
Teacher moral at an all time low!
IMO
rehiring Hamlin-stupid and mean
tacitly approving echols-stupid and uninformed, superficially nice but maybe not really so
cruz-mean
correa-nice, but ...
mchugh-oveerhwlemed

completely ignoring emails to board, superintendent, etc.-\those of you who live in Waukegan: sell your houses now and move--ANYWHERE so your kids don't have to go to this completely misguided high school
Because I am the mother of an incoming freshman and have been concerned about the postings I have read here and on the New Sun comment pages, I recently emailed Dr. Hamlin with my concerns.

He responded the same business day (including a follow-up) with an invitation to meet with him personnally and his cell phone number to contact him to arrange that meeting.

All you folks with negative concerns, have you really tried to have your concerns addressed? Have you reached out to the school adminstration in a professional, non-threatening manner?

My (perhaps limited) experience is that the communications channels are open to those who approach school officials as reasonable mature adults and not as name-calling children.
Please let us know how your meeting goes and let us know if what he tells you really happens. Sorry to be another naysayer but things at the high school have never been worse. While you are meeting with Dr. Hamlin please find out when teachers will be given boxes, how teaching/department supplies will be packed and kept track of, how teachers teaching supplies will be moved to their new locations, when the master schedule will be done, why the magnetic locks have made it more difficult to get in and out of the building, and what time school will start and end next year? Since you seem to have his attention maybe you can get the answers because he won't tell the staff!
And don't express any concern over recent changes to CSP or you'll be chastised and branded an elitist.
JustMe Wrote:Please let us know how your meeting goes and let us know if what he tells you really happens. Sorry to be another naysayer but things at the high school have never been worse. While you are meeting with Dr. Hamlin please find out when teachers will be given boxes, how teaching/department supplies will be packed and kept track of, how teachers teaching supplies will be moved to their new locations, when the master schedule will be done, why the magnetic locks have made it more difficult to get in and out of the building, and what time school will start and end next year? Since you seem to have his attention maybe you can get the answers because

These sound like personnel issues the teachers should take up directly with the principal.

kellyann1293 Wrote:And don't express any concern over recent changes to CSP or you'll be chastised and branded an elitist.

I asked questions about CSP in my first email and still received the invitation.
The staff has asked these questions but have not been able to get answers. This is why I'm asking you to get the answers.