Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Memorial Day Parade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Imagine how happy I was to go to the Waukegan Memorial Day Parade. I was happy that it was on Genesee Street. Seems like a great idea to bring activity back to the main street of the town.
First person I see is our smiling new Mayor - walking the street welcoming people. Followed by the diversity that makes up this new urban city that we old, life long residents live in.
Imagine my disappointment when the first thing I'm handed is a flyer by one of Eddie Cunningham's fans... a flyer that I couldn't read --- because it was in Spanish. :?
I guess its time for all the old city dwellers to move on to someplace that speaks our language.
Eddie Washington or Sam Cunningham? Big Grin

How curious that on such an occasion a flyer would be handed out in another language.

Any key words you can type here so we can get the gist of it? Can you type what is on the cover? You got my interest. Smile
You naughty man Wink
I was very disappointed and insulted that political flyers were being handed out during the ceremony. It was really inappropriate for that venue.
Oh you are absolutely correct. Not the time for politics!
I just wanted to run up and hug the mother who was carrying a photo of her young son that was killed in the line of duty.
I'm sure it was Washington. And I tore the flyer up as soon as I realized I couldn't understand a word of it. Sorry. I wasn't smart enough to think about having it translated....
I was also at the Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony and want to thank all those in attendance. It was great to see so many there!

As I told one fellow veteran, I LOVE to come to these events, yet I also Hate to come to these events. It's humbling to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country, remembering many of my shipmates who lost their lives in Beirut, 1983, Desert Storm and other operations.

As a twenty year, retired military veteran, I want to thank all of you who, in one way or another honored these men and women.

I also want to thank my fellow veterans for their service and their families for their sacrifices.

Now, on to the topic at hand . . . Eddie Washington was a DISGRACE ! He strutted down the street with his 2-car POSSE, complete with "Vote for Eddie Washington" signs, passing out CAMPAIGN LITERATURE !!

THIS WAS NEITHER THE TIME NOR THE PLACE TO CAMPAIGN !

WHAT AN INSULT TO OUR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES !

Washington is a DISGRACE and should be ashamed of himself. But, then again, he has no shame.

What a Low Down DIRTBAG!

PLEASE .... PLEASE .... REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION TIME ! !

Tony Elam
i too was at the parade and had the exact same thoughts...
great that the event was being held
great that it was downtown
great to see our leaders (mayor sabonjian, senator link and others) there (doesn't matter if you voted for them or not) early meeting people and chatting with the crowd
very disappointed that eddie washington thought that this was the time to hand out fliers. very inappropriate.
I've never seen Mr. Washington NOT be inappropriate.
Are we sure they were campaign flyers since they were in another language? Smile

Wasn't he voted back in only last year? What a cycle these campaigns are.

Eddie just met with Senator Burris in Waukegan recently. Here is someone's blog about that visit.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/17/requiem-for-a-tainted-senator/">http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/ ... d-senator/</a><!-- m -->

The priest is Slim Coleman. He and his wife, Emma Lozano have that Chicago store front church that housed Elvira for a year before she was deported. A second woman, Flor, has been there a year or so as well -but not gotten the same publicity.

But I digress... I do not know much about Eddie. And Burris is in a spot of trouble again...if you heard the telephone conversation about pay to play today.

[Image: 35-to-draw-to.jpg]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/17/requiem-for-a-tainted-senator/">http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/ ... d-senator/</a><!-- m -->
Tony Elam Wrote:I was also at the Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony and want to thank all those in attendance. It was great to see so many there!

As I told one fellow veteran, I LOVE to come to these events, yet I also Hate to come to these events. It's humbling to honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country, remembering many of my shipmates who lost their lives in Beirut, 1983, Desert Storm and other operations.

As a twenty year, retired military veteran, I want to thank all of you who, in one way or another honored these men and women.

I also want to thank my fellow veterans for their service and their families for their sacrifices.

Now, on to the topic at hand . . . Eddie Washington was a DISGRACE ! He strutted down the street with his 2-car POSSE, complete with "Vote for Eddie Washington" signs, passing out CAMPAIGN LITERATURE !!

THIS WAS NEITHER THE TIME NOR THE PLACE TO CAMPAIGN !

WHAT AN INSULT TO OUR VETERANS AND THEIR FAMILIES !

Washington is a DISGRACE and should be ashamed of himself. But, then again, he has no shame.

What a Low Down DIRTBAG!

PLEASE .... PLEASE .... REMEMBER THIS COME ELECTION TIME ! !

Tony Elam

I was unable to attend this humble ceremony/parade dedicated to our nation's fallen, but I do agree with you Tony,this is no place to advertise your existance. It is a day to remember our heroic soldiers/sailors/marines/airmen that have passed, not a damn time for a politician attempting to get you to know him better.
Shawn White
82nd Airborne, "ALL THE WAY"
224-381-2834
Pages: 1 2