Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Sen. Burris at Belvidere Mall, 5/16, 287g discussed...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Belvidere Mall??? Has anyone been there lately? Why would Senator Burris go there? Any WHY specifically will 287g be brought up. I could sadly refer you to sites that chronicle Americans and legal immigrants who are killed by illegal aliens who where not asked about their citizenship or deported after serving sentence. DUI's, rapes, murders... I think it IS a mystery as to why Mayor Sabonjian will not have a federal tool in place to protect his citizens.

I really want to go to this but can't today. If anyone can please report back.

Sen. Roland Burris in Waukegan today
Comments

May 16, 2009
News-Sun Staff Report

WAUKEGAN -- City officials said they were informed Friday that U.S. Sen. Roland Burris has scheduled a Saturday afternoon appearance at Belvidere Mall, 2107 Belvidere Road.

Mayor Robert Sabonjian said Waukegan police have made arrangements for the 12 noon visit, during which Burris might touch on the federal 287(g) statute that allows local agencies to perform immigration law enforcement functions.

"It is important for the people of Waukegan to know that the city of Waukegan doesn't have any application in for 287(g), nor are we intending to file one," Sabonjian said. "My stance on this is no mystery."

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/news/1576877,5_1_WA16_BURRIS_S1.article">http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/news ... S1.article</a><!-- m -->
Just checked my email and there was more information about this. Please call Senator Burris's office on Monday if you feel differently.

Sen. Roland Burris will hold a public hearing tomorrow to address demands to CANCEL 287g (federal ICE training) for law enforcement in Lake County. That is tomorrow, Saturday May 16, at the Belvedere Mall, 2101 Belvidere Rd. in Waukegan. The hearing is from 12-3pm, and the senator is expected between 1 and 2pm. These demands are from open-borders groups, especially Familia Latina Unida, the group associated with Elvira Arellano, the illegal alien who was sheltered in Chicago by the Methodist Church.

Call Sen. Burris' office and demand that he also meet with U.S. Citizens who demand enforcement of our immigration laws! Call him at 312-886-3506 and tell him he needs to hear the American side of the immigration issue. Thank you for your activism!
Quote: "It is important for the people of Waukegan to know that the city of Waukegan doesn't have any application in for 287(g), nor are we intending to file one," Sabonjian said. "My stance on this is no mystery."

I'm thinking that translates as "the Hyde administration never put in the application".
Danno Wrote:
Quote: "It is important for the people of Waukegan to know that the city of Waukegan doesn't have any application in for 287(g), nor are we intending to file one," Sabonjian said. "My stance on this is no mystery."

I'm thinking that translates as "the Hyde administration never put in the application".

I add to that, that its okay not to spend countless of hours abiding by immigration laws. It is okay to not spend numerous hours upon hours to get a loved one into this country legally. These people, whatever their heritage, are shitting upon the laws of my land and its constitution. That was one document that I happened to swear to uphold and defend. It is also one that I wish some of our politicians would honor. This seems like a move to get re-elected, and not one to draw more law abiding citizens and permanent resident aliens to my hometown. Take a great stance and fight the law breakers, the identity thieves, etc. It is then we will be able to build Waukegan to what she once was. I care not the demographics!
Someone sent me some pictures of the event. Eddie Washington, Chris Brutha Banks, Emma Lozano and Slim Coleman (who sheltered Elvira in Chicago), were there. Maybe 40 or 50 people in attendance. But perhaps I'm being generous.

Let's see if the News Sun covers this major event in Waukegan. I'll ask if I can post some of the pictures.

**Time to start asking the mayor and council to start promoting E-verify, a federal verification system that is free to use.
Sorry I missed this. Here is someone else's take on it.

**This might spur you on to call today.

Call Sen. Burris' office and demand that he also meet with U.S. Citizens who demand enforcement of our immigration laws! Call him at 312-886-3506 and tell him he needs to hear the American side of the immigration issue. Thank you for your activism!

Requiem for a Tainted Senator

[Image: 35-to-draw-to.jpg]

May 17, 2009 - Unlike the United States Capital, U.S. Senator Roland Burris was not barred from entering the Belvedere Mall in Waukegan, Illinois yesterday to address a crowd of open border groups. particularly; Family Latina Unida, Elvira Arellano’s group, and Central Sin Fronteras (without borders) whose executive director, Emma Lozano acted as emcee and interpreter for the event.

Ms. Lozano, an anarchist, is the sister of Rudy Lozano, the person credited for bringing the Mexican and Puerto Rican communities together behind Chicago’s first Black Mayor, Harold Washington’s campaign.

Rudy was also the Midwest field organizer for the old International Ladies Garment Workers Union, before he was gunned down execution style in the kitchen of his Little Village home, back in 1983.

Now Emma, along with her husband, my old nemesis, Pastor Walter “Slim” Coleman, of the Adalberto Methodist Church, which gave sanctuary to the fugitive alien Elvira Arellano, and Congressional aid to Congressman Luis Gutierrez, are trying to continue Rudy’s ambition of forcing organized labor to spearhead legalization for illegal aliens as their main objective… in spite of discriminating against American workers.

The meeting with no media coverage, opened to a crowd of about one hundred, mostly Hispanic immigrants, probably, mostly illegal as State Representative Eddie Washington looked puzzled at the crowds blank reaction, and lack of enthusiasm, as he related that he had just returned from the State Capital in Springfield, where he learned that a big chunk of the stimulus package would be heading for Waukegan, thanks to their guest, U.S. Senator Roland Burris.

With that, he turned to call upon Pastor Coleman to introduce Senator Burris, but Old Slim had left the room. Pastor Coleman was AWOL, so Representative Washington stated what I would consider the most provocative statement of the day:” one monkey does not stop the show,” so welcome Senator Burris.

The controversial Senator entered the room to a round of applause.

Burris who had been appointed by former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, after he was arrested for trying to sell former Senator Barack Obama’s seat amongst other political corruption charges, and before he was impeached by the Illinois House while he still held the legal authority to make appointments, and this afternoons meeting proved to me that Roland Burris was chosen strictly because he presented himself as the perfect witless dupe.

The city of Waukegan, Illinois is the home to a large Hispanic enclave and battles have been brewing over the past several years as the city council and former mayor, Richard Hyde, voted to enact section 287 G of the Homeland Security Immigration Act to grant temporary federal authority to local police officers while making arrests of illegal alien felons, over the protests from the open border activist groups who demand rights and benefits that they are not entitled to.

Senator Burris was asked to address the groups concerns as they claimed that they were being subjected to discrimination, police brutality, and racial profiling, and they were looking to Burris as being their new free meal ticket.

United States Senator Roland Burris approached the podium with a grin saying,” muchos gracious,” to the discombobulated activists, and naives.

The highlights of his speech were that he, Roland Burris, is their Senator.

Now this puzzled me because in order for this to transpire, he would have to be a senator from Mexico … but for better or worse, he was there to quell their anxiety and fear from the people over getting arrested for being in the country unlawfully, or the fear of them getting arrested in a work place raid by ICE. (Immigration Customs and Enforcement.)

Burris admonished the audience to his position as a member of Homeland Security and the Government Affairs Oversight Committee whose responsibility is to ensure that programs are administered fairly and adequately.

He, along with President Obama, recognize the need for a Comprehensive Immigration Reform. His top priority in the senate is to protect every American family, and to keep families together … that’s why he co sponsored the Dream Act.

He claimed that he would be their voice in Washington D.C. as well as their advocate, and defender of rights.

Burris stated that he will not rest until their message rings loud and clear in the United States Senate, then started chirping about that old Washington fable about broken immigration laws like a trained canary.

Next, Senator Burris stated that he was proud to announce that the two applications in Lake County submitted for 287G had been denied … and work place enforcement raids will cease under this new administration because they are disruptive and harmful to the families involved.

This seemed odd to me, he stated that there was no federal authority to arrest you or to interfere with your lives. To this music everybody jumped to their feet and started to clap enthusiastically. They understood that!

They get it now, they have a green light to go out and commit crimes … Cool, but Burris had lied to them, and just committed the crime of aiding and abetting illegal aliens.

With this being said, it made it perfectly clear to me that Burris was not only a hypocrite, he was in violation of his oath which he had sworn to uphold the United States Constitution, and reckless disregard for the law as he failed to act on his primary responsibility of protecting the people.

On one hand, he states that his his top priority is to protect American families, than on the other hand, he states that he was proud to announce that the safe guard procedures of 287 G in Lake County have been denied, taking away the protections from even the most law abiding illegal aliens.

The protections in law enforcement have been stripped out, and this guy is overjoyed about it.

Senator Burris acted overzealous over the fact that our national security has been compromised by another overt act by the open border anarchists.

These laws were made for the protection of United States citizens and legal residents. Public servants such as Burris are derelict in their duty. They cause all of the difficulties of the federal governments failure to enforce the law, as they abrogate their responsibility to the citizens.

The most sensible step in enforcing our immigration laws would be to enable local authority to incorporate 287G and use it out on the streets.

There are no prohibitions for local law enforcement to communicate with federal authorities, over immigration status… none… but 287G takes the heat off of the politics to give our feckless public servants some wiggle room.

For a nation at war, our national security should not be compromised, that is considered sabotage in a time of war, so whether our laws are enforced against Islamic terrorists, or for the criminals who enter our country illegally with the intent to commit crimes, such as Ingmar Guandique, the suspected killer of Chandra Levy, Lee Malvo, the Washington D.C. sniper, Rafael Resendez Ramirez, the serial “Rail Road Killer,” or for a closer tragedy right here at home in Chicago, the murder of little 13 year old Schanna Gayden, who was gunned down while at play in a public playground by Imperial Gangster Chief; Mwenda Murithi.

Murithi, a native of Kenya came here in 1999 on a student visa which was revoked in 2003. Since that time, he had been arrested 27 times, according to Chicago Police Department records.

Our governments primary duty is to protect the people, so Senator Burris with a long and distinguished career in politics, a former States Attorney General who studied International Law at the University of Hamburg in Germany as an exchange student, holds a J.D. from Howard University School of Law, and has to resort to circumventing the law in order to pander to people who really don’t belong in this country to begin with, is shameful, despicable, and disgusting.

Burris should know better, he shouldn’t be ignorant of the law. He knows the law, and he knows the democratic process to change it, and it is not through pandering,. hysterics, or through misleading the people about having the same status as American citizens.

Poor Roland, he sold his soul to gain another title on his tombstone. He should have quit politics while he was ahead of the game and went out a contender.

Perhaps while he was constructing his mausoleum at the Oak Woods Cemetery in Chicago.

He had his tombstone engraved with the words; “Trail Blazer,” with a long list of accomplishments.

Now his epitaph will read; “Here lies United States Senator Roland Burris — He sat in breach of his oath!”

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/17/requiem-for-a-tainted-senator/">http://www.federalobserver.com/2009/05/ ... d-senator/</a><!-- m -->
The wheels begin to turn on Obama's immigration plan. Secure Communities nullifies G287.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/05/18/AR2009051803172.html?hpid=topnews">http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews</a><!-- m -->

U.S. to Expand Immigration Checks to All Local Jails

Obama Administration's Enforcement Push Could Lead to Sharp Increase in Deportation

By Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Obama administration is expanding a program initiated by President George W. Bush aimed at checking the immigration status of virtually every person booked into local jails. In four years, the measure could result in a tenfold increase in illegal immigrants who have been convicted of crimes and identified for deportation, current and former U.S. officials said.

By matching inmates' fingerprints to federal immigration databases, authorities hope to pinpoint deportable illegal immigrants before they are released from custody. Inmates in federal and state prisons already are screened. But authorities generally lack the time and staff to do the same at local jails, which house up to twice as many illegal immigrants at any time and where inmates come and go more quickly.

The effort is likely to significantly reshape immigration enforcement, current and former executive branch officials said. It comes as the Obama administration and Democratic leaders in Congress vow to crack down on illegal immigrants who commit crimes, rather than those who otherwise abide by the law.

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has made it "very clear" that her top priority is deporting illegal immigrants who have committed crimes, said David J. Venturella, program director at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

"We mean this, we're serious about it, and we believe we need to put in an all-out effort to get this done," said Rep. David E. Price (D-N.C.), chairman of the House Appropriations subcommittee for homeland security. He has led calls to remove illegal immigrants convicted of crimes after their sentences are served.

The program began as a pilot effort in October and operates in 48 counties across the country, including Fairfax County. This year, fingerprints from 1 million local jail bookings will be screened under the program. It also operates in Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Boston and Phoenix, according to ICE, and will expand to nearly all local jails by the end of 2012.

The effort differs from programs in several Northern Virginia counties where local law enforcement officers have been deputized to question suspects about whether they are in the country legally. In Montgomery County, police provide immigration authorities the names of those arrested on charges of violent crimes and handgun violations.

Under the new program, the immigration checks will be automatic: Fingerprints currently being run through the FBI's criminal history database also will be matched against immigration databases maintained by the Department of Homeland Security. The effort would not catch people who have never been fingerprinted by U.S. authorities.

Based on the pilot program, the agency estimates that if fingerprints from all 14 million bookings in local jails each year were screened, about 1.4 million "criminal aliens" would be found, Venturella said. That would be about 10 times the 117,000 criminal illegal immigrants ICE deported last year. There are more than 3,100 local jails nationwide, compared with about 1,200 federal and state prisons.

The program, known as Secure Communities, "presents an historic opportunity to transform immigration enforcement," said Julie Myers Wood, who launched it last year while head of ICE.

In his proposed 2010 budget, President Obama asked Congress last week for $200 million for the program, a 30 percent increase that puts it on track to receive $1.1 billion by 2013.

The program could help answer for the first time a question that has been intertwined with debates over immigration policy: How many illegal immigrants in the United States are convicted of non-immigration crimes?

But even some supporters of the program wonder whether it can be implemented smoothly and whether there will be sufficient funding. A surge in deportation cases, noted Stewart Baker, former assistant secretary of homeland security for policy, would require more prosecutors, immigration judges, detention beds and other resources.

Venturella also acknowledged that integrating federal, state and local databases is complex and that the capabilities of local jurisdictions vary. Some counties may take several years to be linked in.

"It's a good program. It's a very expensive program," said Jessica Vaughan, director of policy for the Center for Immigration Studies, a Washington think tank that advocates tighter immigration controls. "I don't know if it's feasible or sensible for all state and local governments."

Venturella said ICE will give priority to deporting the most dangerous offenders: national security risks or those convicted of violent crimes. Based on initial projections, the agency estimates that 100,000 of these are "Level 1 offenders" and that deporting them would cost $1.1 billion over four years. Removing all criminal illegal immigrants would cost $3 billion, ICE estimated last year.

Critics say that deporting the worst criminal illegal immigrants, by itself, does not go far enough because it would not fully address the estimated 11 million illegal immigrants already in the United States or deter further illegal immigration.

"If the Obama administration abandons immigration enforcement in all but the most serious criminal cases, then they will create a de facto amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants and will encourage even more illegal immigration," said Rep. Lamar Smith (Tex.), the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee.

He said the Obama administration should complete construction of a border fence, enforce laws against hiring illegal workers and deport illegal immigrants before they commit crimes.

Amnesty International and immigrant advocates warn that the change could lead to immigration checks in other arenas and the "criminalization" of illegal immigration.

Tom Barry, an analyst for the Center for International Policy, a nonprofit research and policy institute in Washington, said the initiative could sweep up foreign-born U.S. residents who have served time for offenses but were not deported.

"Many, many legal immigrants are going to be pulled into this net even for minor violations that they're booked for -- traffic violations, drunk driving, whatever -- and after they've lived here 10 or 20 years, they're going to be deported," Barry said.

By checking all people who are booked, supporters say, the program avoids racial profiling. It also could stem what some see as overzealous efforts by some local authorities who, through a $60 million-a-year ICE training program, have stepped up their pursuit of illegal immigrants through measures such as neighborhood sweeps and traffic stops.

"The administration should reassert the primacy of the federal government's role in enforcing immigration law," said Donald Kerwin, vice president for programs at the Migration Policy Institute, a think tank in Washington. He said, however, that such action should be coupled with efforts to find lawyers for immigrants in deportation proceedings. Unlike in criminal courts, the immigration court system does not provide public defenders.