Waukegan Talk

Full Version: disaster at the high school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
so here's how bad it is at the high school:

The principal and three of his associates have little to no high school experience-In fact and in particular, the person in charge of CSP, AP and various other academic programs is hopelessly unqualified and uninformed and shows no desire to BECOME informed-Someone else should be in that job.

As a group, they don't understand how a high school operates and they refuse to recognize that most of our teachers do a good job under and against overwhelming opposition-from the students, and, more and more often, from the administration, who refuses to let teachers have a say in what's academically worthwhile and also refuses to follow any sort of legitimate timetable so the school can function..

HERE'S HOW HAMLIN AND COMPANY OPERATE:

°We cancel classes for meaningless assemblies, when in fact, most teachers would prefer the entire schedule of 18 minute classes rather than the wasted time of two classes, then an assembly. Why? Because Hamlin and company think that we must abolish "past practices." Are teachers involved in the decision? Of course not.

°We have no information regarding senior failure (information we used to receive by May 1) and no information regarding responsibilities at graduation (something we also knew way ahead of time). Are teachers informed? Of course not.

°We're supposed to move into the other building or into other places in our building. Are teachers informed yet? Do they have directions as to how and when to handle this? Of course not.

°In the past, we knew our teaching load, if not our exact schedule, by April 15. Do we now? Of course not.

°In the past, students had some sense of their classes and teachers by May 1. Do they now? Of course not.

°Regardless of personal and personnel issues, building administration in the past at least treated teachers and staff with some semblance of respect. Do they now? Of course not. Emails, when they make sense, insult our professionalism and dedication and acknowledge no responsibility on the part of the administration for the mess the high school is in.

°Instead of recognizing the real need and pressure all of us will be under the first few days in the fall, the district has scheduled another round of two-day meaningless activities at the Genessee-Almost all of us could use the time to set up our new positions so we can focus on what's important-teaching.

IN FACT, most of those at the principal level in the high school are unqualified for their jobs and are doing irreparable damage to the school. The division and the move will be disasters not because of the teachers but because of the people leading the change. Who hired them???
Who hired the unqualified people at the high school? Easy answer - the unqualified senior administration and the unqualified board.
Where key hires are concerned, the Board of Education needs to do its own due-diligence and check in to the backgrounds and qualifications of these people. Doing everything on the recommendation of Administration is getting this district into deep trouble. That's how we ended up with that guy from Texas who was fired for having an affair down there. That's how we got in trouble with the principal we hired from Farragut in Chicago. That's how we ended up with other administrators from neighboring districts who were let go. We are like the Island of Misfit Toys. Does anyone see a pattern here?

Valuable programs are going to be lost before anyone realizes the damage has been done. CSP is next thanks to the lack of accountability. A concerned citizen with a little initiative made a few phone calls to NOLA and found out what a disaster the new director of that program is. How many of the board members will take it upon themselves to follow up on what I'm saying to see if this is true?
I believe that the reason that the board relies so heavily on the administration is they don't have a clue about anything. And the board associations training encourages them to rely on the "professionals" like Batiste, Gaudin, Howard, Pattison etc, etc. If you don't have a clue and you're encouraged to rely on them, then they are doing what they should do.
Where is your union representation? How much comes out of your paychecks for being a part of the membership? Why don't they step up to the plate and be an instrument of change? Why does the administration have to be the only ones instigating change?
Despite what they may say in public the administration, board attorney and board are in lockstep together. They may put on a show once in awhile to make people think there is debate and disagreement but that is not the case.
freedomisntfree Wrote:Despite what they may say in public the administration, board attorney and board are in lockstep together. They may put on a show once in awhile to make people think there is debate and disagreement but that is not the case.
This comes from someone that knows every intricate detail of the closed sessions of the school board. I'm mistaken, this person has been banned from the public meetings, so he/she could not possibly know, as I do not.
I do not want to undermine this discussion, as I am very concerned about the words written in this thread, with exceptions of course.
I can back up every statement, accusation and allegation that I have made and have numerous times. The previous post on the other hand clearly states that that post is based on a lack of knowledge.

Hear it first hand from the mouth of Waukegan Public School Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste stating that he tried and blames the board again and again just before Hawn states the board is behind him 100%. Hear it at youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY or search on the following three terms on youtube: hawn batiste waukegan

What did Batiste blame on the board? What did he say that he tried to do? What did he state that he couldn't go backward from? What crimes did they admit that they were all involved in? Why did the board attorney lie to the Lake County States Attorney on Batiste and the boards behalf? Why did the board attorney lie to the Illinois Attorney General on Batiste and the boards behalf? Why did Pattison and Howard lie under oath?
"Most importantly, did the new board president actually discuss with an employee of his private company supposedly truthful confidential employee information that was in fact false and allow that same false information to be posted on this site by that same employee as if it were truthful?"

Once again, same spew, different pile. You are still caught up on the idea that you would be a topic of conversation between Mike and myself? Remember the lryics, ("You're so vain, I betcha think the song is about ya.")?
If I have an issue as a parent or taxpayer, I see that my issues are addressed. I encourage everyone on this site to do the same. Contact your school board to resolve issues if it doesn't happen through regular channels. I know Mike is more than happy to resolve something that is worthy of his time. I say this again, there is no perceived "in" with this man, he is doing this for everyone, taking away valued time from both his family and "private company". As we used to say in the 82ND AIRBORNE," Get your head out of your fourth point of contact!" For those of you that don't know, it is the ASS.
Shawn
(224) 381-2834
"are shitting upon the laws of my land and its constitution. That was one document that I happened to swear to uphold and defend. It is also one that I wish some of our politicians would honor. This seems like a move to get re-elected, ....... Take a great stance and fight the law breakers,"
Quote by Snoopy

Shouldn't the same be applied to the Waukegan Public School System?

The rest of the previous post does nothing to add to the discussion on this forum. The rules of this forum are supposed to be attack the information contained in the post not the poster. Some posts make it obvious that not everyone can understand the difference.

"If I have an issue as a parent or taxpayer, I see that my issues are addressed." Quote from Snoopy

Now that Mike Rodriquez is the board president, I wonder if there are enough books for all the school children? Or has that still not been presented to him as an issue?

It's much more interesting to debate the information provided in the posts.
Pages: 1 2 3