Waukegan Talk

Full Version: WPS now an Internet Service Provider?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My understanding is that Anita Hannah will now have DSL provided for her by the District, say it ain't so, Joe?
I also wonder about the lockdown at Lincoln Center going on these days, I understand folks now need to be "buzzed in"? How much did that cost? Say it ain't so, Joe?
I am also wondering about the idea of purchasing cameras surrounding Lincoln Center, in the meantime, my kids do not have textbooks? How much will that cost? Say it ain't so, Joe? I need some fighters on the school board, right about now!
Shawn White
(224) 381-2834
Wasn't she still using Dialup a few months ago?

They need the buzzers and cameras because they are tired of constantly being attacked by truth and sunshine. They would like to prevent both from coming in to the board room or offices in LC. If either do come in, they will want to find out who helped and punish them severely. It's also a defensive move, as they are getting ready to attack someone and want to be protected before their assault.
freedomisntfree Wrote:Wasn't she still using Dialup a few months ago?

They need the buzzers and cameras because they are tired of constantly being attacked by truth and sunshine. They would like to prevent both from coming in to the board room or offices in LC. If either do come in, they will want to find out who helped and punish them severely. It's also a defensive move, as they are getting ready to attack someone and want to be protected before their assault.
I think you are right, damn, did I say that? I think they are afraid of you Ron! I heard you had quite a night bowling, and trick or treating in March! Money should be spent on the students, and for the betterment of students, that should be the number one priority!
Waukegan Public School District 60 exists for the students not for LC, Board, Admin, etc. etc. You are correct! (Did I say that publicly?)

I would have watched the doors and put up cameras for free but they didn't ask! Bowling was initiated by the other party, but I took advantage of the opportunity. They are not afraid of me, they are afraid that all of you might start asking questions they can't answer.

Riddle: How many lawyers does it take to lie 70 times in one sitting? ..................................................................... (one)
From April 13........
freedomisntfree Wrote:Wasn't she still using Dialup a few months ago?

As I said on April 13th, "they are getting ready to attack someone and want to be protected before their assault" perhaps they are laying off a bunch of staff at Lincoln Center and feel they need protection.............
Naw, don't be so paranoid. With my limited understanding of how this came about, I understand this all happened because of a Senate vote that was not passed, our very own State Senator Terry Link was either absent or did not vote for more funds, one of the two. I hear, (hearsay) that this was lost by 5 votes. It is for this reason WPS 60 now finds themselves with 2 million dollars less that they were relying upon.
I feel bad for the people that will soon be finding themselves without a job. I blame an administration and prior boards that allowed the establishment of unneccessary positions in the first place. Hell, If I am unable to take on more with less, in these trying times, I will soon find my ass on the streets! There are hundreds of people that would be happy to do my job for less.
I was ready to celebrate the school board for making the tough choices, but it was a somber reason for this. I do remember when you could walk into Lincoln Center, without a buzzer, and go shoot hoops in the old Holy Child gym? Don't remember paying for internet access, either?
They are the paranoid ones wanting more security. They are the "prior" board that approved the new positions. My point was nothing happens without a reason. Now we know what the reason was. The board that hired them is essentially the board that's letting them go.
Snoopy, Have you went to the board meeting to ask for more books?
freedomisntfree Wrote:Snoopy, Have you went to the board meeting to ask for more books?

You have called me out, Freedom, and I'll respond like this. I spend my time away from work, working for the youth of Waukegan, in a silly little game of softball. This is something I am passionate about. The kids that come before me are so important to me, I am unable to fight other battles. My evenings are spread very thin, tonight I was in Winthrop Harbor scheduling games for two 10 year and under recreational softball teams for the Waukegan Girls Softball Assn. My evenings, more times than not, find their way to the children that are or have been in my charge.
My words are heard, I'll not burn bridges. People know what I do in this town, and who I do it for. This venue is not the only place I speak my disappointments of how my tax dollars are being spent for my own children, and the many I represent.
I choose to focuss my efforts on impressionable young ladies of Waukegan, at the moment. Let us not be naive, the powers that be read everyone's thoughts here. I'll continue to make noise in my own way.
Shawn White
224-381-2834
freedomisntfree Wrote:They are the paranoid ones wanting more security. They are the "prior" board that approved the new positions. My point was nothing happens without a reason. Now we know what the reason was. The board that hired them is essentially the board that's letting them go.

Please don't take shots and twist words, it doesn't serve anything but my loyalty to a trusted friend. We can find a solution if we search in the right places. But I do agree about the security part, Is there not a security gaurd position at Lincoln center that has now been rendered useless because of the buzzers? Hell, we can spend that salary on books?
Pages: 1 2