Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Warning! Dishonest Gasoline Station
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On February 28th, 2009, at 8:51am, I purchased gasoline from pump #5, (Octane 89), at the BP station at 902 Grand Ave. I noticed that when I began pumping the gage registered an advanced sale rather than $0.00. When I complained to the proprietor he said, " Who the f*** do you think you are?!" Rather than get into it with him there I left the store. He followed me to my car calling me a, "...piece of sh**!" I told him to back off or I'd press assault charges; to which he left. When I called the inspector, (800-582-0468), he told me that they have already been called to this location a few times already. Consequently: LET THE BUYER BE WARE!!
why would you start pumping gas if the pump showed anything other than $0.00?
Evidently he had started pumping before he noticed, and who looks at the gauge before hand. :?: That's the same Station where a guy named "Moses" told me that it would cost me $2 for him to pump for me. (I was at the handicapped pump)---I hope someone does something about them besides just receiving complaints. First of all they should check their citizenship. I bet he wouldn't have followed a "gang banger" to his car. What happened to you pisses me off. I have never been "anti" anything, but I'm starting to be. :evil:
Update: On April 6th I received a letter from Illinois Department of Agriculture Program Manager Rich Philmon. It reads as follows:

"In response to your complaint, an inspector from the Illinois Department of Agriculture inspected the device in question at the Amoco-Grand Auto Inc. located at 902 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL [sic] found the device did not meet specifications and tolerances of the State of Illinois. Appropriate enforcement action was taken until the device can be repaired and is in compliance with Illinois regulations."
Joe Russell III FCT Wrote:Update: On April 6th I received a letter from Illinois Department of Agriculture Program Manager Rich Philmon. It reads as follows:

"In response to your complaint, an inspector from the Illinois Department of Agriculture inspected the device in question at the Amoco-Grand Auto Inc. located at 902 Grand Ave, Waukegan, IL [sic] found the device did not meet specifications and tolerances of the State of Illinois. Appropriate enforcement action was taken until the device can be repaired and is in compliance with Illinois regulations."
Good work Joe!
Ditto for tracking that down.

You changed my habits too after I read this. I don't always check -I do now. 8-)