Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Inquiring Minds Want to Know!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone received or seen anything on this upcoming school board election? I have heard about what was once called a fundraiser (now called friendraisers :roll: ) being held downtown for a group running for school board. Maybe I missed it but I have not heard anything being said about WKRS having a debate and I have not heard or seen anything about what any of the candidates believe in. I am sorry but I really don't think that the only contact candidates have is in a bar or coffee house at night. Is there anything happening besides the forum that COSLA is holding? Has anyone received any kind of literature? Do these people have websites that can be accessed? Justwondering is just wondering Big Grin
The incumbent are hiding from accusations of wrongdoing. For example, they don't want to explain why Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste blamed them for serious wrongdoing just before Hawn stated loudly that the entire board was behind Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste 100%. This might cause "issues".

Check it out for yourself at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY</a><!-- m -->

Apparently they had a "failure in their communication" that evening. Listen for Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste's voice to waver when he says " I tried". I think it jwas just a little emotional for him, he was on the spot and tried to speak softly so Hawn couldn't hear. I believe that he never in a million years could have predicted that Hawn would open his mouth and bellow out something that would so clearly contradict him. It is of course obvious that Hawn didn't actually hear what Batiste was stating because of the background noise.

It is clear that one of them is lying. Of course if you're all in it together, when one member of your group screws up and blames the other part of the group, you can either do down in flames of accusations or get back together and go silent until the public forgets about it.

Even still, what happened to all the concerned citizens who knew that there was corruption on the board and in the administration? All that concern seems to have dried up when faced with actual proof that something was wrong in the Waukegan Public Schools Board Room and Administration Offices. I have learned over the last few months that everyone just blames the messenger and that the watchdogs are out of watchdog business now. Judging by actions, no one really cares about corruption at the school board or in the administration. If you supply just the highlights you don't have proof, if you supply details no one cares enough to read it, (except for the School Board Attorney at taxpayer expense) If you supply the actual conversation from a board meeting that proves you have been telling the truth no one still cares. Blame the messengers. Blame the messengers. It's all so "nasty". We don't like to read about it.

Corruption anywhere in our society exists only to the extent that we the citizens allow it to exist. Apparently corruption on the board and in the administration is acceptable to the majority of citizens in Waukegan, ILL and one person cannot fight corruption at any level, especially when citizens continue to blame the messengers.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere / Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter / Injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates - Martin Luther King Jr.
Thorazine. Its not just for breakfast any more.
:lol: What's the purpose of the writing that's in red? I see "red writing" a lot. Is it from the Administrators (Snoop Dogs)? JOKE! JOKE!
JazminH Wrote:
Danno Wrote:I'm thinking of running.

Well tell us all about your grand plans. The current candidates are either idiots, liars, or both. You can't be any worse.
freedom,
I am still unclear as to why you persist in attacking onlly Mike Rodriguez when Anderson, Maguire, and Hanna are also running for another term.
Curious,

Some of the posts seem to keep trying to spread the impression that he is a "challenger" not an incumbent.
curious Wrote:freedom,
I am still unclear as to why you persist in attacking onlly Mike Rodriguez when Anderson, Maguire, and Hanna are also running for another term.

I find this point quite interesting, myself. Perhaps because the school board did not give this family what they may or may not deserve. I believe there is a civil courtroom, since the criminal courts will not hear this man's arguments. He continually attacks a very kind hearted man, that if he were a bit more humble and less argumentative, he may have had some ears on the board of education, I don't know? I do not presume to know the opinions of any of the board members that this man continually accuses of wrong doing. Nor do I wish to. They made a decision with information presented to them, and I hope they honored my tax dollars in their decision. Mike was appointed and not elected. I suspect, based upon his performance and dedication to the School district, he will lead the voting in this election.
Shawn White
(224) 381-2834
Remember the rules -Attack the post not the poster.

Please debate the allegations about the board, board attorney and administration and don't blame the messenger.

We have asked for them to follow district policy, state law and federal law not give us anything. They took an oath to do this.
The Lake County State's Attorney has all of the allegations and has promised a full investigation despite the fact that they are friends with each other.
Victims of criminal actions seek justice in criminal courts not civil court.
Fact is, I didn't get involved until after they had committed most of their criminal acts against her.

Fact is, I met first with Gaudin and he admitted his wrongdoing, then I met with Luosa who admitted his wrongdoing, then I met with Gaudin again and he went to the board, then we met with Batiste and he admitted all of their wrongdoing and promised full restoration under her federal rights, the board apparently sent their Attorney Tom Morris who after all of the above tried to claim that nothing wrong was done. That lasted about 30 seconds and by the end of the meeting as I grabbed the door knob, they called me back and within 10 minutes offered first a settlement of about $100,000 and when that was refused Batiste again offered full restoration under her violated FMLA rights. When he stated that he had to go to the board, Board Attorney Tom Morris told him that they had to speak first.

That led to numerous letters calling for a meeting with the board who had so far refused to meet. And at the board meeting on 4/22/08 the statement by Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY</a><!-- m --> confirms all of the above. You do not hear Batiste telling me that that I am lying, you hear him blaming the board and saying he tried to me. Mr. Rodriquez and all of the rest of the board members are being blamed by Superintendent Dr. Donaldo Batiste in this clip. We are interrupted by Hawn, who states that all of the board members are behind Batiste who just blamed all of the board members. How many times have you heard the Superintendent blame the board just before a board member says they are behind him 100%? Something is wrong at the district - that should be obvious.

Saturday, we met with Brian Luosa for two hours. He promised to go to the Waukegan Police Department and answer their questions. When they called for an appointment, he declined to meet them although he had promised us he would. We visited him again and he promised to go on Monday morning and speak with detectives, again he didn't show up.

Today, I responded to 462 pages that Board Attorney Tom Morris sent to the Illinois Attorney General after he was called "illogical". I finished the report and have documented that his correspondence is filled with lies and mistatements on behalf of the board and administration. I have to provide facts and documents to back up each and every lie or mistatement that I report, I can't just tell the ATG that I don't like him. I just did a quick count of about 70 documented lies to the Illinois Attorney General by Board Attorney Tom Morris on behalf of the board.

There is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes then the school district informs the public about. Please, If anyone would like to have discussions or debates about facts or data or anything of substance - I'm interested. I'm not interested in mindless dribble or baseless rumors or cool aid drinkers advocating their latest politician that will solve all of Lake County's issues. The only thing that will improve Lake County and Waukegan are informed citizens that are interested in matters or issues of substance. Let's debate issues, facts or ideas and do something that helps the district, Waukegan and Lake County.

Please remember the rules -Attack the post not the poster.
Other than repeating, what you have stated numerous times, freedom, you still have not explained why you have repeatedly singled out Rodriguez.
Pages: 1 2