Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Genesee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just got home from seeing Hairspray at the Genesee. The theater was not full. The play was awesome. I totally enjoyed the night. Until I drove thru McD's for a soft drink, and was greeted by a panhandler with a great story... I just moved here, I have MS, my wife is 8 months pregnant & I need to get the VA for my medication. I told him to call the police & they'd get him to the VA. But as I was in the drive thru I attempted to tell the manager working the window about the panhandler. He barely spoke English & after several attempts I just gave up. Then I attempted to speak to the traffic cop that was blocking traffic from going down Genesee. But all he'd tell me was to keep going and not stop. Big help officer, thank you.
You wonder why more people don't do downtown Waukegan? I can tell you why....
Dang, I totally bought that guy's story one day out by Pepe's on Green Bay and Grand. Gave him cab fare. I don't usually do that, but he was good. Even showed me his military ID. That was a couple months ago - his wife must be 10 months pregnant by now. :x
goodintentions Wrote:So I just got home from seeing Hairspray at the Genesee. The theater was not full. The play was awesome. I totally enjoyed the night. Until I drove thru McD's for a soft drink, and was greeted by a panhandler with a great story... I just moved here, I have MS, my wife is 8 months pregnant & I need to get the VA for my medication. I told him to call the police & they'd get him to the VA. But as I was in the drive thru I attempted to tell the manager working the window about the panhandler. He barely spoke English & after several attempts I just gave up. Then I attempted to speak to the traffic cop that was blocking traffic from going down Genesee. But all he'd tell me was to keep going and not stop. Big help officer, thank you.
You wonder why more people don't do downtown Waukegan? I can tell you why....
It seems to be the Micky D's of degenerates. My daughter and her friends were there a few months ago...some guy was playing with his 'thingy' under the table and smiling at them. They mentioned it to the workers there...they said they'd take care of it, but after moving to another table, and this guy following them to a closer table, they decided to leave. Obviously the workers there weren't too concerned. :evil:
I believe this is what you may be looking for:
http://apps.mcdonalds.com/contactus/navi...estmatters

The contact info above should also be printed on the back of your receipt along with an 800-number for the same purpose.

It may take a while to work, but with enough feedback to corporate HQ the franchise owner should get a wake-up call.
Good luck! :mrgreen:
Thanks Pauljs75! I'll be sure to use it, as I hope others will also. Thanks again! Smile
I used the link too - and told them of my last visit to that location.
Thanks very much Paul!