Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Sabonjian Campaign Button 1985
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an unusual 1985 Sabonjian campaign button. It's signed MAX. Does anyone know who Max is/was?

[Image: IMG_2256.jpg]
Mayor Bob gave me the pen that he was wearing--it was real big and I still have it.
Danno,
That's a fabulous badge! I've heard lots from Sabonjian but nothing from the other two candidates, other than I see more yard signs stuck up on the boulevards. Waukegan voters are smarter than that - yard signs will not win the election.
I see a lot of Sabonjian signs in people yards.
And I heard that so many people are asking for them that he's having to place another order for signs.
I also noticed that some of the Sabonjian signs that were at major intersections and on thourough fares are no longer there.
Maybe people are taking them to put in their yards.
Don Petrone Wrote:I see a lot of Sabonjian signs in people yards.
And I heard that so many people are asking for them that he's having to place another order for signs.
I also noticed that some of the Sabonjian signs that were at major intersections and on thourough fares are no longer there.
Maybe people are taking them to put in their yards.

Or perhaps there is someone in city hall (or the 6th ward) who sends city employees out to remove the signs. Desperate times in city hall mean desperate measures.......
Imagine the fuss if all the Hyde signs disappeared, overnight, just like the Sabponjian signs. Every cop in the city would be sent to investigate. Shame on Hyde, Tempas, Couval if they allow that sort of behavior; The mayor must speak out against such matters.

As I said before, if my Sabonjian sign in the 6th ward is tampered with, the culprit, and the rest of the city, will soon know about it....