Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Time Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm surprised there was no mention of the time change tonight, or am I wrong? Its written on my Calendar that daylight savings time starts.
I swear BD, you crack me up. :lol: :lol:

Nobody is that clueless. You have to have a tv show, you would break all of the ratings records. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My Calendar was not made in the U.S. so I didn't know for sure. I thought the time changed in April, or did it ever? I don't blame you for laughing its just that I depend on the Forum or the Newspaper for info and there was no mention of it. :oops:
Blackdiamond Wrote:My Calendar was not made in the U.S. so I didn't know for sure. I thought the time changed in April, or did it ever? I don't blame you for laughing its just that I depend on the Forum or the Newspaper for info and there was no mention of it. :oops:

3 years ago they changed when the time changed (stick with me now). It was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005. Now they moved it up to spring ahead a little earlier. Daylight savings time ends a little later as well.

It was in all the papers. Well, wait, if you read the News-Sun you might have missed it - they don't have any news anymore.

But it was on all the newscast.

I am going to help you out. Below are the time change dates through 2015...

Year DST Begins 2 a.m. (Second Sunday in March) DST Ends 2 a.m. (First Sunday in November)

----------starts--------ends
2009 March 8 - November 1
2010 March 14 - November 7
2011 March 13 - November 6
2012 March 11 - November 4
2013 March 10 - November 3
2014 March 9 - November 2
2015 March 8 - November 1
Thank You, but you know I won't remember all of that. You'll have to remind me each year. :lol: However, I appreciate the info. I don't know why the dates have to change each time-It started on the 8th of March and that's the date it should start in the upcoming years. I know, I know-- :roll:
Blackdiamond Wrote:Thank You, but you know I won't remember all of that. You'll have to remind me each year. :lol: However, I appreciate the info. I don't know why the dates have to change each time-It started on the 8th of March and that's the date it should start in the upcoming years. I know, I know-- :roll:

I don't think you want that. Having it be the same date every year. Notice they change in the spring on the 2nd Sunday in March and then fall back on the 1st Sunday in November. If you change it by DATE you would have a mess if you did the time change like say on a Wednesday or anythimg Monday thru Friday. Sunday mornings is best believe me.

you don't have to remember the dates I gave you, just remember we spring ahead on the 2nd Sunday in March and we fall back on the 1st Sunday in November. That's easier to remember than dates
I'll be asking again next year :lol: Or else I have to find someplace to write that info on and then remember where I put it. You gotta take care of your elders Wink
Blackdiamond Wrote:I'll be asking again next year :lol: Or else I have to find someplace to write that info on and then remember where I put it. You gotta take care of your elders Wink

I agree. I'm a member of the nifty fifty club myself - elder will describe me before too long :o

I find myself asking my son for help more often than not lately. I can't lift things that heavy anymore. I have to play the trombone a little just to read the print on the prescription bottle. I find waitresses flirting with me more now (cause I am not a threat! :x ).

What a drag it is getting old :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: You know you've gotten old when people in Church call you "Mother". Well, some of them who calls me that, I look at their face and it looks like a bowl of chitterlings to me. SOME NERVE! Yeah, some of the guys in my Building bring my groceries in. I think I've been taking a little advantage of that because one of them brought in a bag with a loaf of bread in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: My sons got far away from me. I'm waiting on someone to get the garbage out of my car--hey Danno! what are you doing? Tongue A lot of empty food cartons and paper cups that held diet Pepsi.