Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Change is coming to WHS, but .....wait a minute.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From today's Talk of the County in The News Sun:

Small learning

Despite promises of openness and transparency from Waukegan Public Schools' leadership, there is evidence that there are non-publicized modifications to the highly touted smaller learning communities plan as the implementation date grows nearer. Details of changes that have the potential to greatly impact some of the high school's most successful programs are starting to trickle out through the students. How can this be when the School Board approved a specific blueprint?

WHAT GIVES???
There is a Student Achievement Committee tomorrow evening at 6:00PM at Lincoln Center. It is open to the public. I believe this topic is going to be discussed, but the district has not posted an agenda for the meeting as of the time of this posting.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wps60.org/board/committees.php">http://www.wps60.org/board/committees.php</a><!-- m -->
I don't see it listed.
Did they cancel for lack of an agenda?
Danno Wrote:I don't see it listed.

Exactly.

Quote:Did they cancel for lack of an agenda?

No - it seems they forgot to post the agenda.
Let's cut to the chase; it's not the small schools learning communities that are being changed but C.S.P. in particular. This is totally aggravating especially after parents were told at several public meetings that there would be no changes to C.S.P. and it would remain exactly the same.

Dr. Hamlin, who came on board late is making these major changes and in a few years we will have a dumbed-down version of C.S.P.

Can you really call something a success if you lower the bar so low that everyone can get over it? Dr. Hamlin sure hopes so. This guy will be long gone before people realize what's happened. By then it will be too little too late. At least our kids will feel good about themselves.