Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Park Board race: Bob Taylor, Sue Rose-Sassone Meet-n-greet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please join Bob Taylor and Sue Rose-Sassone for a “meet & greet” from 4:00PM to 8:00PM Friday, March 6 at Booner’s, 1210 Washington Street.

This will be a great opportunity to meet Sue & Bob. Help them kick off their campaign for Waukegan Park Board. There will be hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, music and prizes to be won.

You can contact Sue Rose-Sassone @ 847-774-0729 and Bob Taylor @ 847-507-9417.
kellyann1293 Wrote:Please join Bob Taylor and Sue Rose-Sassone for a “meet & greet” from 4:00PM to 8:00PM Friday, March 6 at Booner’s, 1210 Washington Street.

This will be a great opportunity to meet Sue & Bob. Help them kick off their campaign for Waukegan Park Board. There will be hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar, music and prizes to be won.

Sorry, I can't. Bob Tayor is weasel.
TypesWithFist Wrote:
kellyann1293 Wrote:Please join Bob Taylor and Sue Rose-Sassone for a “meet & greet” from 4:00PM to 8:00PM Friday, March 6 at Booner’s, 1210 Washington Street.

Sorry, I can't. Bob Tayor is weasel.
A simple plain weasel? That's not bad when you consider that most of the politicians around here are slimey weasels at best!
Finally some info on the Park Board race. Why is Bob Taylor a weasel
I went to check out Sue Rose-Sassone and Bob Taylor at their meet and greet Friday night. I had to see first hand the weasel. Booner's was packed but I did get a chance to talk to both of them. I am still not sure why Bob Taylor is a weasel. They talked to me about some of the questionable decisions the current Park Board has made and some new ideas they had. I left convinced the both would get my vote.
Bubba, can you give those of us who did not have the opportunity to go to this "meet and greet" an idea of the questionable decisions? And could you or anyone else who attended, let us in on the new ideas that were presented. Most of these events are held in the evening or at night and some of us cannot get out or have a hard time with driving at night. Thank you in advance.
Justwondering,

The buzz with the crowd was the closing down of Orchard Hills. I approached Sue and Bob and asked them about it. They were quick to point out although that was a concern it wasn’t their only concern. I probably will not remember everything they pointed out but here are a few. Debt - the Board has issued $27,000,000 in debt since 2004. Tax Bill - the portion of the tax bill for debt has increased drastically in the last four years also. I think they said like 150%. Youth Sports – little funding for sport groups and less involvement. Seniors - underserved. Board Meetings – Currently in the afternoon, should be evening. I am sure I have forgotten some of what we talked about. Anyway, these are the concerns I remember they talked about.
Bubba, thank you so much for the information. I appreciate you being so quick to answer my questions. You also mentioned new ideas that they presented. Can you remember any of those? Thanks again.
Justwondering,

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Three things stick out in my memory. First, they want to switch meetings from the afternoon to evening. They talked about how difficult it was for people to attend the meetings and voice their opinion. Secondly they talked about working with the Township to get Park Place opened on Sundays. Finally, they want a bigger financial commitment from the Park District for youth sports. Currently the Park District provides a small stipend to the various youth leagues and then steps away. They also talked about youth leagues generally getting the inferior fields.
I have one question that I would like to ask....Was Mr. Taylor in charge of Finances for the Park District when all of the Orchard Hills purchase decisions were made and the property purchased years ago? If my memory serves me right he was. Why was he Ok with it when it came time to spend the money years ago but now all of a sudden he is opposed to it. I would ask Ms Rose the same..granted it was not her but her mother and her family were for the expenitures when they occured years ago why are they opposed now. And I do not think distroying Orchard Hills as a golf course last year is an excuse because the intentions for the property were given years ago when it was purchased. Just wondering why they were both for it years ago but opposed to it now. I do not want to start a big flare up but I would like to know for my own person voting decisions.
Pages: 1 2