Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Mark Hawn = Fernando Shipley, only paler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Voters who hoped for a higher standard of professionalism and ethics may be disappointed in Mark Hawn, who recently told a constituent to "f*** off" after being taken to task on a particular hiring issue. After watching how he also denigrates a colleague on the board, it's clear that nothing has changed. Some people will say and do anything to get elected.
Thank you for having the courage to inform everyone about Mark Hawn and his statements.
Well.... a new school board will be in place soon.
And Mark Hawn will still be there to lead the way....
You could bring his comment up at the audience time
I greatly regret I that I was not only duped by Mark Hawn but that I encouraged others to vote for him in the last election. While Hawn may have been able to hide his personal agendas and temporarily harness his knee jerk tendancies to react caustically (publicly and privately) to those who oppose his views long enough to get himself elected, these acts and behaviors by an elected official are unacceptable whomever they are. School board members are elected by the community to monitor and provide leadership for school administration in a professional manner - NOT to buddy up to them for their own personal reasons and NOT to take on the role of cheerleader for the adminstration. In two years, I sincerely hope he will be send packing just the same manner that former board members were recently shown the boardroom door by voters who sent a clear message as to the what they will not tolerate.
You can listen to Mark Hawn's statements to me in a short video at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkkXGtdnXLY</a><!-- m -->
Daisy Chain - Which colleague was he denigrating?
Now reports are leaking out about Mark Hawn's abuse of authority. Purporting to speak on behalf of the board where hirings are concerned, pressuring the director of buildings and maintenance to hire friends of his with out properly posting the job openings - for a full time roofer and landscaper. Do we really need more of this? Is it fiscally sound to have a full time roofer and landscaper on the payroll when this is clearly seasonal work? Is anybody watching?

Why is he getting involved on this level? Weren't we supposed to be getting rid of abuses of authority and conflicts of interest? Didn't he promise to hold himself to a higher standard?
Same old same old.
Anybody know which colleague was he denigrating?
Pages: 1 2