Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Please do not vote for Dick Hyde in the Primary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,
My name is Dan Traynoff. For those of you who do not know me, I have stood against the unfairness, corruption, nepotism, injustices, incompetence, unprofessionalism, general buffoonery, and un-American activities committed by the Waukegan City Council, The Durkin Administration and most importantly, for this context, Dick Hyde both as an alderman and as mayor.

I voluntarily started filming (with initial resistance in the form of Larry Tenpas) the city council meetings for broadcast on cable TV 12 years ago. If I didn't push the issue the city would not currently be filming their own meetings now. In the last few years I have been unlawfully arrested twice during city council meetings for merely asking for something better or for being critical of the administration or city council. I have attended many many city council meetings over the years. I have, from all angles, unrelentlessly pushed for a better city. I have challenged and questioned our city government when necessary. I was solely responsible for bringing focus on the need to adopt 287g before the Waukegan City Council.

I'm am unfortunate to have a very adequate and intimate knowledge of the negative impact Hyde has had on our city over the last 13 years that I've been observing him.

Without going into detail concerning Dick Hyde's severe shortcomings and failures I am asking all who read this to please not vote for him in the primary. I think we all know Waukegan needs new and effective leadership but there seems to be support for this same lame old stale dinosaur that helped lead us into the abyss. This support seems to be born out of a fear that a Guzman or a Cunningham might have a chance to become our next mayor.

I have background knowledge of all the candidates except Flesher. I have listened to all of the audio interviews of the candidates that CREW recently released to the general public. I'm hoping that everyone who reads this, whether you have listened to these interviews or not, would agree with me that Bob Sabonjian would, by far, make the best mayor of the group. His answers to the questions and thus solutions to most of the problems that surround us were intelligent and realistic. It was refreshing to finally hear a candidate speak of the importance of understanding the negative impact that litter can have on a community. Bob understands the "broken windows" theory. His intelligence and approach to problem solving far surpasses that of Dick Hyde. I have no doubt whatsoever that he would make the best mayor we have had in Waukegan in a long long time.

So please, do not vote for Dick Hyde in the primary out of fear that Guzman or Cunningham may become our next mayor. Washington may be out and, in my opinion, either of those two (or Flesher) would not have a chance against Sabonjian in the general election.

Dick Hyde, Larry Tenpas, Pete Couvall and the rest of the "Good Old Boys" have had a strangle hold on Waukegan and have betrayed Waukegan's best interests for years and years. Put the GOB's out in the February 24th primary. PLEASE!
danno,
well put! what you did was exactly what i have been asking everyone to do. a little research goes a long way. thanks for the post.
Danno- Oddly enough, I spoke to Bob Sabonjian at great length this morning. I tend to agree with you, but haven't made a firm decision yet.
I also urge you all to vote for Janet Kilkelly for Township Administrator.
While I probably don't agree with Danno's politics, I do appreciate him being a thorn in the side of these waukegan politicos. I do need to point out the contradiction of being anti-nepotism and supporting someone named Sabonjian for mayor. :lol:
i also may not always agree with danno, but i did find it wildly entertaining. also, please know that Bob Sabonjian is his own man, he is running on his own strengths. noone is appointing him based on his name. his running is not a case of nepotism.