Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Waukegan Public Schools to Hold Kindergarten Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Waukegan Public Schools to Hold Kindergarten Registration

HOME Press Release: 01-30-2009

Waukegan, IL – For students who will be 5 years old by September 1, 2009, Waukegan Public Schools will be holding kindergarten registration for all eligible Waukegan students on Saturday, February 7th and Saturday, February 21st. Registration will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Miguel Juarez Middle School, 201 N. Butrick Street. In order to register, you must bring your child’s original birth certificate, two proofs of residency within Waukegan (a recent gas or electric bill, lease and / or mortgage papers), health physical and immunization records, and $75 for the registration fee. If a language other than English is spoken in the home, please bring your child for language testing.

If you have any questions, please call Student Support Services at (847) 599-4228.
I was informed today that the registration fee went up to $75 from $50, after "early registration" ended. They claimed to have sent out four notices, but I never got one. I had my child tested for Cooke, so I was certainly an active participant in the process. I think what they did is send letters to all the kids in the free pre-school classes, all of whom would be unaffected by the early registration discount, because they won't pay fees.
The fee always goes up after the early/mail in registration time period is over.
2009-2010 Fee Schedule
Kindergarten Grades 1-5 Grades 6-8 Grades 9-12
Spring / Mail-in $50.00 $70.00 $80.00 $90.00

This is what it says on the website. $50 during Spring/mail-in. How can "Spring" mail-in registration be over before Spring begins? How else was I suppose to know about this early registration if not from the website?