Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Republican Mayoral Candidate Meet and Greet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Republican Mayoral Candidate Greg Flesher, who is running for the office of Mayor of Waukegan, will be at Lilac Cottage (1911 N. Sheridan Rd. in Bowen Park) on Wednesday January 21, from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Please come out and meet him.
According to the CREW website (<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.waukegancrew.org">www.waukegancrew.org</a><!-- w -->) that meeting is for CREW members only, as has been the case for all of their mayoral meetings.
I'm not saying I don't believe you but why would a candidate want to limit their exposure to only a few people? It's like saying "I'm running for mayor but don't tell anyone".
You'd have to ask Mr. Flesher that one. Does he have a website or a phone number to get more info?

By looking at the CREW site, it seems that they are all about getting exposure for a candidate once they decide on who they will back.
Mouse Wrote:I'm not saying I don't believe you but why would a candidate want to limit their exposure to only a few people? It's like saying "I'm running for mayor but don't tell anyone".

Mouse,
It's a CREW meeting where they will interview the candidate.
The meeting is for CREW Members only.
It's not a Meet and Greet for the canidadate.
Well I'm not a member but I'm still going to attend on the idea that it would be pretty lame of them to kick me out just because I'm not a member of their group. How come I've never heard of this crew group?
Mouse Wrote:Well I'm not a member but I'm still going to attend on the idea that it would be pretty lame of them to kick me out just because I'm not a member of their group. How come I've never heard of this crew group?

Well, it would be pretty rude of you to go knowing that it's open to members only.
Where did you you 'hear' that it was "meet and greet" for Flescher?
There have been numerous mentions of CREW, it's website, mission and rules on this forum.
Try doing a search for waukegan crew on this site or maybe even visit their website to get information on the group.
A quick search of the CREW website clearly defines why they open their meetings to members only:

"Please understand that the purpose for it to be members only is because we are expecting all that sign up to do what is necessary to identify and elect a quality candidate for the Mayor's office. If you read the blog and the initial posts here you are aware that we plan on being very pro-active during this campaign.

By signing up, we will be able to have real names to put to a task list as we devise a plan to spread the word throughout the City of Waukegan."

I would suspect that Mr. Flesher has other events / meetings up his sleeve and is not only relying on the CREW group to get his word out. He does have the luxury of more time since he is running un-opposed in the upcoming primary, and needs only to be concerned about the general election.
So tell me if I have it right? This CREW is going to decide who to back for mayor and then all the members have to back that same person.

So what happens if this candidate loses? Lemme guess, Cool Aid for everyone!

No thanks! I wouldn't look any too good all bloated up on some national newscast!
Don Petrone Wrote:
Mouse Wrote:Well I'm not a member but I'm still going to attend on the idea that it would be pretty lame of them to kick me out just because I'm not a member of their group. How come I've never heard of this crew group?

Well, it would be pretty rude of you to go knowing that it's open to members only.
Where did you you 'hear' that it was "meet and greet" for Flescher?
There have been numerous mentions of CREW, it's website, mission and rules on this forum.
Try doing a search for waukegan crew on this site or maybe even visit their website to get information on the group.

A Mr. Flesher told me about it.
Pages: 1 2