Waukegan Talk

Full Version: School Board Candidates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There is a fund-raiser on the 29th of January at Joplin's on Genesee for three men running for school board. Two of them I know personally, and will vote for-
the other I don't know yet.
Maybe there is hope?! Confusedhock:

The candidates are Mike Rodriguez, Steve Orusa, and Tony Elam. Feedback? :?:
I wonder how the criminal investigation is going that you have alledged? What exactly has the district attny said to you about your allegations? I know you reported this to Waller, what was his response?
I know Mike Rodriguez, I know Tony Elam, and have met Steve. I speak of a friendship or two and know the content of their character to be intact. Please know your accusations are not taken lightly with me. I know the school system is not trustworthy at this time. I personally feel most of the tax dollars I pay are wasted by the hiring of more and more administrators, when my own gifted children are not afforded the luxury to bring a book home that they use in class. I think it is absolutely absurd that we duplicate many assignments held by another administrators, as if their load was full. Sickening, this whole administration is! They could learn a lot from past board members, such as John Rickerd.
That being said. I believe Mike is doing a good job. I believe once he finds his groove and sees past the BS Lincoln Center tries to blind side him with, he will be one of the best members we have seen. I hope Tony Elam continues to see this administration with the contempt he has held. I believe that is the path he should choose, as most Waukeganites question the very Super of this district.
All of that being said, you have had an issue very close to your heart and had an unfavorable result dealing with the Board of Education. Please know that these men, whom you do not know, happen to be very good men.
Going to fight the Red Baron now, a much more worthy foe.
Regarding the inquiry by freedomisntfree as to which candidates COSLA is supporting in the upcoming school board election:

The deadline for submitting petitions has not yet passed and COSLA has made no endorsements to date. The complete list of candidates who file petitions for a seat on the Waukegan School Board will not be announced until later this month. As in the last election cycle, COSLA plans to sponsor a public forum to which all candidates whose names are schedulued to appear on the spring ballot will be invited (and encouraged!) to participate in. We look forward to an aggressive and thorough evaluation of all the candidates and hope many in the community will participate in this critical selection process.
I hope you find an answer through the process you have chosen. I have much to do in my own life than to take on your issue with this district. I find it quite interesting that this is not front page news, and suspect some of the things you have presented are one sided. I will not play a medium between people,if I have an issue I assure you I will go straight to the one or ones I have an issue with.
I have been watching to see if there has been any action by the state's attrny's office, as of yet I have not seen a report by you suggesting wrong -doing by the district, other than in the first person.
In all fairness, every question I have ever had, has been answer by both the school board and the Supt. of Schools. The biggest beef I have as a tax-payer, is that the students do not have text-books to take home to study, yet we continually hire admin. at a cost of 120,000 bucks a pop. I would love to see the district realize we are in a recession, many losing jobs, that perhaps we can delegate some of these "brain-storming" positions to people that are already on the payroll. It is indeed top heavy. We hire more admins. but our teachers fight for a contract every time one expires?
Its your battle, sir, not mine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4