Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Switching Parties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well WTHS, you're getting your wish granted. A few people have switched from the donkey to the elephant (do I have that right)?. I think they waited too long. The Sherriff changed Parties. What good does it do? Anything goes in Lake County. A friend of mine changed Parties and she said she knew her parents were turing over in their graves---who's ever heard of an Irishman, Catholic, going Republican? To each his own. I vote for the individual and not the Party. Everyone have a happy and safe holiday. Maybe some of you will participate on this Forum after the First of the Year :?:
BD- Speaking as an Irish Catholic (mostly) Republican..... I suspect the Sheriff switched because he caught Holy Hell for crossing party lines to back Mike Waller.
I'm with you- as I've gotten older and wiser, I vote for the person, not the party.
With the local Dems being headed by Link and Couvall, I'd claim Republican, too!
BTW, you are correct- Republicans are the Elephant, Dems are the Donkey. Big Grin
Thanks Karen---wonder how that "elephant/donkey" stuff got started. OK Marshmellow-log in. Smile
Blackdiamond Wrote:Well WTHS, you're getting your wish granted. A few people have switched from the donkey to the elephant (do I have that right)?. I think they waited too long. The Sherriff changed Parties. What good does it do? Anything goes in Lake County. A friend of mine changed Parties and she said she knew her parents were turing over in their graves---who's ever heard of an Irishman, Catholic, going Republican? To each his own. I vote for the individual and not the Party. Everyone have a happy and safe holiday. Maybe some of you will participate on this Forum after the First of the Year :?:
That statement does not closely resemble the assumption that Blacks are democrats.
Snoopy- Nobody was talking about blacks being Democrats. Not sure what you're inferring.... :?:
No $hit---He just read the word Democrat and assumed the rest. How pathetic. Didn't he see the make-up of the people at the celebration in Grant Park? Wink Thanks Karen
NorthsideKaren Wrote:Snoopy- Nobody was talking about blacks being Democrats. Not sure what you're inferring.... :?:
I was trying to say I do not make comments about Irish Catholics, other than my own family. We have many republicans amonst us. BD suggested Irish Catholics being Democrats, and I do not presume Blacks as Democrats.
I did not intend this to sound mean spririted, hope it wasn't. Merry Christmas to all of you! God Bless us all.
Oh, Snoopy, I should have made myself clearer. It was my Irish friends who said that through the years that Irish were Catholics and Democrats. It wasn't my description. Aren't the Kennedy's Irish? I never judge people as a group--NEVER :!:
Blackdiamond Wrote:Oh, Snoopy, I should have made myself clearer. It was my Irish friends who said that through the years that Irish were Catholics and Democrats. It wasn't my description. Aren't the Kennedy's Irish? I never judge people as a group--NEVER :!:
Merry Christmas, I'll not judge a group either. My wish is that our words become contagious. To those that do not celebrate my faith, Happy Holidays to you as well! Big Grin
One thing for sure, God doesn't have any particular Religion. May God bless you.
Pages: 1 2