Waukegan Talk

Full Version: What does the Teaparty stand for?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What does the Teaparty stand for? Can anyone tell me. What is their position on globalization and outsourcing labor?
The Teaparty stands for the greatest amount of individual freedom that a society can tolerate.
Hoopla Wrote:The Teaparty stands for the greatest amount of individual freedom that a society can tolerate.
Sounds good so far. Can you be more specific? What types of freedom? Can you define freedom? I ask this because, believe it or not, there are people who are in such a state of mind control they define freedom as slavery.
I think maybe it's pretty hard to say what the Teaparty stands for when they started out as one thing and then seem to have been taken over by fascist theocrats, so lets get more specific. What does "Restore America" mean? As in "we need to restore America". I think, in part, it means we need to put religion in public schools, we need to teach biblical creation instead of the theory of evolution, we need to make abortion illegal. Anyone refute this?

And though I see many people praise freedom, meaning either freedom that we have, freedom that we supposedly have in America that no other country has or freedom that we don't now have but should have, I have yet to find anyone who wants to define it.
How is it related to democracy? do we have democracy in America?
As some people view it, America resembles a certain ancient Roman republic, in which the Senators have the power, and it is ruled by the Praetor, or Emperor.

Replace Praetor by President and you got the same.

I think democracy is still in the Us, it is only buried somewhere beneath the red tape, corruption and well ment intentions.

what I think is go back to basics, review the system as a whole, see what we do not need and then rebuild.
Very perceptive of you, Dennis. Our federal government has strayed far from what our wise framers envisioned and ratified 234 years ago. I wish you could have attended the Restoring Honor event on 8/28 in Washington. I know you would have walked away with a feeling of hope and love of God and country in your heart.
Well Classic,

if I evetually will become a resident of this country, I hope I can make some changes to it.
Be sure to bring your civil war reenactment garb with you so you can continue to participate in your hobby. Maybe we could get you outfitted with some nice civil war era rifles and you could get involved in some civil war rifle matches. This is a big country and they hold competitions all over the midwest and the rest of the country. Thank you for your reply my friend.
I'll bring my stuff along Classic, but as it seems now, I will not be going to be living in Illinois, but in Wisconsin.

but it is not that time yet Wink
That would put you closer to alot of the competitions and, more importantly, outdoor public shooting ranges where you could practice your art.
Pages: 1 2