Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Poll - Second Attempt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sadly the previous poll post was locked due to idiocy... there were some good ideas shared and then the games began. So...

Behold, a poll. This is being considered. Take the time to vote and express your opinion.

The question is "What Do You Think About Paying A Small Fee (That Would Be Donated To Charity) To Retain Access Privileges To The Politics Forum?"

Please note, voting has been reset due to the locking of the previous poll post. Please vote again.
I had an idea, something that could be a solution to the problem, not needing a donation and helping out the admin.

Why do we not create two sections in the Politics section.

One for the Republican/Right Wing Media

and one for the

Democratic/Left Wing Media.

So we can post and look when we want to, add discussions and make sure threads do not get derailed when 1 is posted.

An Idea?
that would be a nightmare for the admin. He/she/they would have to evaluate each post not only for spam/vulgar content, but also political ideology.
you could add a few moderators to relieve the pressure on the admin's workload.

People that can be trusted to wield this amount of responsibility.
if you really need a top secret clubhouse, there are plenty of moderated boards and chatrooms. To be honest, I don't understand the need to avoid or suppress differing viewpoints.
kellyann1293 Wrote:if you really need a top secret clubhouse, there are plenty of moderated boards and chatrooms. To be honest, I don't understand the need to avoid or suppress differing viewpoints.

Issue has nothing to do with suppressing differing viewpoints. Rather, it is one poster with ONE political perspective wifully in practice supressing other's rights to post here AND be reasonably heard, too...without having their posts subsequently then "burried" by sheer number of endless "cut and paste" posts ( designed soley to DOMINATE this thread with ONE political perspective to actively then promulgate it).

Like I said before, since this one poster by his/her actions seems to consider this entire political thread his/her private blog, then just hand it over to him/her but call it for what it really then is. By the name of the poster, XX's THREAD.

-- WT Reader
You're right. It's very difficult to wade through "zero" or "a few" posts "a day." My "bad."
kellyann1293 Wrote:You're right. It's very difficult to wade through "zero" or "a few" posts "a day." My "bad."

Get real, we know we are not referring to the present and very real past SINCE the Administrator commenced this poll.

A poll being conducted in an attempt to find solutions to one particular poster commandeering this entire political thread to adovate for his/her political perspective literally ABOVE all others.

-- WT Reader
Not everyone agrees that there is a problem with any of the people posting here.
WT Reader Wrote:
kellyann1293 Wrote:You're right. It's very difficult to wade through "zero" or "a few" posts "a day." My "bad."

Get real, we know we are not referring to the present and very real past SINCE the Administrator commenced this poll.

A poll being conducted in an attempt to find solutions to one particular poster commandeering this entire political thread to adovate for his/her political perspective literally ABOVE all others.

-- WT Reader

Actually, the proposal to "pay to post" doesn't have anything to do with one particular poster.
Pages: 1 2