Waukegan Talk

Full Version: LINK cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was at Aldi today and the pregnant young lady in front of me asked for money back from her LINK card--and was given it. I asked the cashier if that was proper for LINK to give cash to recipients (to spend on liquor/drugs/20" rims, I don't know). She said that she has seen many LINK cards with $1800. saved up on their cards and that they could receive any amount of cash back that they desired.

I want to be on the dole.
Do you believe your own lies? I know some folks who have Link Cards because they've LOST THEIR JOBS. NO ONE gets that amount of money. The people I know BUY FOOD and NOT RIMS. Some folks really do deserve some help, and then there are some who cheat.Get mad at the "giver" of the stamps and not the "users". I hope you get the participants you're digging for. 8-)
I have no axe to grind and I am sure that others may bring light to bear on this. I know some families that get $600 to $1000. per month. It's based on kids in the household. What I'm questioning is the wisdom for cash back. The cashier at Aldi was obviously knowledgeable on the cash back, no limits, balances, etc.

Joblessness has touched everybody; but, I still think that LINK cards should not allow cash disbursals. How is there any control over drugs, alcohol and 20" polished rims?

Okay folks, weigh in on this? Maybe folks residing at 200 Julian street and folks who've lost jobs recently and are receiving the LINK card.
I agree-no cash back. My "bone" with you was your description of what you thought that person woud buy--especially the "rims" part. I am going to check further on getting cash back--if I had received that amount and wanted money, I would have just bought a bag of chips and got the rest in change. I will follow-up,and I suggest you check elsewhere besides that fabricating store clerk. If I find something I will tell you how to retrieve it since I don't know how to cut and paste.
I believe food stamp and cash benefits are both distributed using the Link card. Recipients used to get 'food stamps' and/or a check every month; now the amount for both is automatically deposited on their Link card account. You can't buy non-food essential items (toilet paper, shampoo, etc) with 'food stamp' money, and you can't pay rent or other bills with it either.
Right Kelly--my head is in a whirl after reading a lot of the Illinois LINK Program thing. Geez! I'd prefer working. SuslinxSue-I stand partially corrected. Cash- back became available in July 1997, so I was thinking "old school". A family of 4's monthly benefit is $542, if their monthly income doesn't exceed $2,238. The article further states that the average monthly food stamps in Illinois is $241 per household. (I wrote some more stuff down, in fact too much, and now I can't find it). What a person with their money is no concern of mine, but I'd like to know what gave the customer away that he/she was going to use that change to buy alcohol, rims, and whatever? (Ray Charles could see through that). Wink Hey, Kelly, I thought you were going to come after me when I said you had a house full of gang bangers, etc.---just kidding of course.
I know stories from 200 Julian of LINK card money used to buy alcohol, drugs and 20" rims. Remember, a recipient can bankroll their LINK money. "Black"--you should look more into this before you dis me.
Tell somebody who really gives a "poo poo:".
SuxlinkSux Wrote:I know stories from 200 Julian of LINK card money used to buy alcohol, drugs and 20" rims. Remember, a recipient can bankroll their LINK money. "Black"--you should look more into this before you dis me.

why so nasty?
Here is your info for all <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=39186">http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=39186</a><!-- m -->

That tells the whole story LOL HAHA
Pages: 1 2 3