Waukegan Talk

Full Version: From the Talk of the County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good, bad news

The appointment of Rita Mayfield to the Legislature is good news and bad news for District 60. During her service on the Waukegan school board, Mayfield has never wavered in her pledge to work for fiscal accountability and transparency, and exhibited a commitment to the redistribution of monies to students in the classroom which is all documented by her voting record. I have no doubt that she will take those same values and beliefs to Springfield and pursue them as passionately. Unfortunately, her departure from the school board means her voice and vote will no longer be heard in the Board Room of Lincoln Center -- a profound loss, in my opinion. I sincerely hope that as the school board eyes replacement options they will consider that the taxpaying voters are the ones who chose Rita Mayfield as their representative and that they will strive to find a replacement whose ideals are parallel hers.