Waukegan Talk

Full Version: Nigeria: Muslim Senator Marries Thirteen Year Old
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When have we heard a peep out of the National Organization of Women on this immoral, perverted practice? I looked, and they are silent. Take a look here http://www.now.org/ and decide for yourselves. The Progressives say we should be like Europe, but they are allowing Sharia Law to take precedence over their nation's sovereign laws. How much more of this lunacy will we accept? The Progressives continued bleeting is just "Argumentum Ad Nauseum'

Nigeria: Marriage of Muslim senator to 13-year-old girl sets up showdown between civil and Sharia law
This case bears watching closely. Overruling civil legislation to accommodate Sharia will set a disastrous precedent for the future of human rights, and for the rights of women and non-Muslims in Nigeria.

ABUJA, Nigeria -- A Nigerian federal court will hear a case over whether the West African nation's religious freedom and privacy laws allow a Muslim senator to marry a 13-year-old girl, the latest rift in a country split between Christians and Muslims.
The lawsuit filed by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria on behalf of Senator Ahmad Sani Yerima challenges the country's child protection laws that ban women from marrying before age 18. The suit, obtained Friday by The Associated Press, claims that Yerima's constitutional rights are being trampled over the controversy surrounding his alleged marriage to a 13-year-old Egyptian girl.
It's a common ploy the world over in courtroom jihad: pleading in the name of constitutional rights to advance an agenda that would trample those rights if given the chance.

"The Nigerian constitution guarantees and protects the privacy of any citizen (and) his family member ... against invasion, intrusion and interference," the lawsuit reads.
The suit names the government's National Human Rights Commission, the Senate president and the speaker of the house as defendants. The Human Rights Commission has urged the police to investigate Yerima, while both chambers of the National Assembly have called for their own investigations.
Human rights groups say the 49-year-old lawmaker married the girl at the National Mosque in Abuja after paying her family a $100,000 dowry. Under child protection laws enforceable in Abuja, Nigeria's capital, a woman must be 18 before being able to consent to marriage. However, those laws aren't enacted in all of Nigeria's 36 states and activists say child brides have been married off in Muslim communities after their first period.
It also isn't the first time Yerima has apparently married a child. The rights commission alleges he married a 15-year-old girl, only to divorce the young mother at 17.
Yerima himself appears unrepentant in recent interviews, though he has declined to say how old his new wife is. He told the BBC's Hausa language service in April that he considers "God's law and that of his prophet above any other law."...
And, he observes, Muhammad also married a child.

One can only trust the apologists are burning up the phone lines trying to reach him and tell him Aisha was actually older, and that the account given Sahih Bukhari, for example, is a bunch of hooey taken out of context by cheeky Islamophobes.
[quote="ClassicalLib17"]When have we heard a peep out of the National Organization of Women on this immoral, perverted practice? I looked, and they are silent. Take a look here http://www.now.org/ and decide for yourselves. The Progressives say we should be like Europe, but they are allowing Sharia Law to take precedence over their nation's sovereign laws. How much more of this lunacy will we accept? The Progressives continued bleeting is just "Argumentum Ad Nauseum'
Name one European Country that has currenty Sharia laws in effective, daily usage!!
England, Denmark, Holland
Sorry Classic, Denmark does not try it's criminals by Sharia Laws.

The UK has decided to end the inflow of immigrators, still follow the rule of a Queen! (And she does not wear a Burka or Headband)

The Netherlands does not follow the sharia, sinds I stilllive, and I am Gay. we also are preparing to adopt a law that bans the wearing of headbands or burka's in public spaces.
Sharia law is allowed in these countries because their local governments are afraid to deal with their violence-oriented moslem neighborhoods. If you are as you say, you better be extra careful because these people will kill you. On a side note, if you visit Waukegan this summer, my previous offer stands. I will take you to my public shooting range for a day of marksmanship training. I am a National Rifle Association certified Pistol Instructor, and I will guarantee that you will go home with a newfound respect(love) for my country's Second Amendment, and a profound sense of the safety training involved before any firearm shooting activity commences. Figure on spending an entire day. The range is open on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. If you didn't record my e-mail address, send me a PM
He'd probably go home with a bullet in his butt because you don't aim too good. What do I mean by that :?: Hell, I don't know :lol:
ClassicalLib17 Wrote:Sharia law is allowed in these countries because their local governments are afraid to deal with their violence-oriented moslem neighborhoods. If you are as you say, you better be extra careful because these people will kill you. On a side note, if you visit Waukegan this summer, my previous offer stands. I will take you to my public shooting range for a day of marksmanship training. I am a National Rifle Association certified Pistol Instructor, and I will guarantee that you will go home with a newfound respect(love) for my country's Second Amendment, and a profound sense of the safety training involved before any firearm shooting activity commences. Figure on spending an entire day. The range is open on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 12:00 p.m. to 5 p.m. If you didn't record my e-mail address, send me a PM

Hey Classic.

I am more at risk by being run over by other drivers, involved in a car accident or assualted by my customers than getting killed by some Sharia upholders...

I will give you a PM whenI decided to come to you to the shooting range. I think I have a full agenda already Smile

But we shall see, i will let you know.

If not possible, a beer in a local pub or tavern will suit me fine as well Big Grin
Do some muslims hate christians because of religion? Probably. Do some christians hate muslims because of religion? Probably.

So what is the common ingredient here? You got it... religion.
Religion is not the only common factor.
kellyann1293 Wrote:Religion is not the only common factor.
Good point. When you factor in people who don't think for themselves with religion you get even more division and hatred.
Pages: 1 2